Summary: Follow this article you will know how to import your HDV files for editing and playing on Windwos/Mac, first you need to transcode these HDV video clips to MP4 with Pavtube Video Converter for Win/Mac.
HDV is a format for recording of high-definition video on DV cassette tape. The format was originally developed by JVC and supported by Sony, Canon and Sharp.
Hi all! We need to convert HDV (1080i) to MP4 on a Mac. Is this a possible way?
1) capture through Firewire to Apple Intermediate Codec
2) play on screen and screen-grab the window in iShowU
3) cause it converts to MP4 on the fly...
How about timecode? Non-square pixels? Interlacing? Realtime compression? Quicktime Pro conversion takes some time to compress, but doesn't it deliver a much better quality. Hope anyone can help me on this one!
To tell you the truth,there is very few suitable player that could upload and play the HDV files (normally in MTS or M2TS format), let alone to edit the videos.So to get this HDV file natively supported by media players, you need to convert HDV video into H.264 format that is widely accepted and then you can play the converted videos on popular mobile phones freely.
With Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate, people are able to convert personal video recordings (including HDV files) to MP4 with easy manipulation and amazingly fast speed. For Mac users, Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac is recommended to you. Now follow the way to transcode your HDV video recording to MP4 for editing and playing on Windwos/Mac.
1. Download HDV to MP4 Converter for Win/Mac, this is an excellent Ultimate Converter for the function of converting video to MP4 format and supporting for converting to other format like AVI, WMV, MPEG, YouTube(FLV), QuickTime(MOV), MKV, MOD, H.264/AVC, 3GP, 3G2, etc. What is more, it can also offers its user the friendly interface, stable conversion process, and incredibly fast converting speed.
2.Import recorded HDV video files to the converter.
3. Click Format bar to choose output format , please click and choose "Common Video->H.264 Video (*.MP4) ". You can also choose other optimized profile like .wmv format.
4.You can click settings button to adjust output parameters, such as resolution, bitrate, etc. (Optional)
5.Click "Convert" button in the main interface to start converting HDV video recording to MP4 format.
This Pavtube Video Converter for Win/Mac can convert any recorded HDV video files at a fast speed, video and audio synchronization are perfect guaranteed. With this wonderful HDV to MP4 converter, people can freely convert HDV files to MP4 format for editing and playing on Windwos/Mac.
How to Convert AVI to MP4 With Zero Quality Loss in Windows 8.1/Mavericks