Do you have plan to ingest your 4K camera Sony F65 recorded MXF to edit in Avid Media Composer 6.5/6/5/4? If so, you may meet some trouble. Follow this guide to learn about Sony F65 MXF and
Avid workflow on Mac.
In 2012, the Sony F65 grabbed attention with higher resolution than any previous digital motion picture camera. Plus extremely low noise, even in the blacks. Plus a wider color gamut than print film. Plus 16-bit linear RAW and 10-bit SR File recording. No wonder the F65 was quickly chosen for productions of every type. Now with Version 2.0, 2.2, and 3.0 refinements, the F65 does even more, including High Frame Rate RAW at up to 120p with no windowing. And 12-bit HD recording with 4:4:4 color. This camcorder from Sony are really strong in video quality and hd resolution.
However, while the Sony F65 provide high quality videos, the MXF files it outputs become larger and larger; hence it's not easy for people to edit Sony F65 MXF in Avid Media Composer on Mac.
To ingest Sony F65 MXF to Avid Media Composer on Mac, you will need to transform MXF to Avid Media Composer preferred video format - Avid DNxHD files in mov suffix.
Hot Search: Work Blu-ray with Avid|Best Settings for Editing 4K with Avid|Edit MP4 Files with Avid||Avid Supported File Formats
Here we would like to introduce an all-in-one Mac MXF Converter - a professional Pavtube Mac MXF to Avid Converter, it's not only able to convert Sony PMW F65 MXF to Avid DNxHD MOV for Avid Media Composer, but also can convert various MXF files from different camcorder to suitable format for FCP (X), iMovie, Adobe Premiere Pro, Android/Apple iOS/Windows 8 portable devices and so on.
- It also provides try-before-purchase service, click here to download a free trial version;
- A windows version is available for windows users: MXF to Avid Converter.
Now get your program installed and let's begin!
How to Convert Sony F65 MXF to Avid DNxHD MOV on Mac?
Step 1. Install and launch the Mac MXF to Avid Converter, click 'add videos' to load individual videos, or click 'add from folder' to load the entire folder.
Step 2. Click "Format" and choose Avid Media Composer -> Avid DNxHD (*.mov) as the best output format for editing MXF files in Avid MC.
Optional: You can also click "Settings" - which is marked as step 3 in screenshot - to set up frame rate, video quality, bitrate and check the generated file size.
Step 3. Click "Convert" and let it go! It will help to shut down computer if you have many videos to convert.
3..2..1..bingo! Ok now you can click "Open" to locate your converted MXF videos and load it to Avid Media Composer.
In addition, you can also refer to more guides here.
- Import DJI Phantom 4 4K Video to Avid Media Composer for Editing on Mac
- How to Import Avid MXF to FCP 7/X for Editing with Best Workflow?
- Best Way to Work Sony XDCAM EX MP4 with Avid Media Composer
- Transcode MP4/MOV to Native-Formats DNxHD for Avid Media Composer
- Import Sony XDCAM/Canon XF/Panasonic P2 MXF to Avid Media Composer
- Workflow of GoPro Hero 4K with Avid Media Composer
- How to Import and Edit Sony XAVC S to Avid Media Composer on Mac?
- How to Transcode QuickTime MOV to Avid Media Composer DNxHD on Mac
- Import Samsung NX500 H.265 to Avid Media Composer 8/7/6.5/6 on Mac OS X
- Edit Samsung NX1 with Avid Media Composer on Mac Yosemite/Mavericks
- Converting FCP ProRes to DNxHD MOV for Avid Media Composer