"First time user of FCP. I have downloaded some MXF files from the P2 Card, recorded using a Sony PMW-350K Camera. How can I make it to an appropriate MOV file and imported successfully into Final Cut Pro X?"
The PMW-350 is a high-end professional XDCAM EX solid sate camcorder, with high level of mobility and comfort in various shooting situations. It originates these qualities from the XDCAM HD 422 camcorders, which are extremely well received by broadcasters. It's true that Sony PMW-350K provides great videos quality to capture your shinning moments, but the problem is how we get Sony XDCAM MXF work with FCP X on Mac without rendering for further editing?
As we know, Apple does make the latest FCP X support some common cameras for loading videos directly; but obviously this high-end PMW-350 is not included--only Sony F55 is supported by Final Cut Pro X directly. This means you have to transcode Sony PMW-350K MXF to FCP X preferred format (Apple ProRes) to get it working well with your wonderful footages.
In order to trancode Sony PMW-350K MXF files into best format for FCPX on Mac, you may like to give a shot to this powerful Mac MXF to FCP X Converter. With intuitive interface, you can easily and fast convert your MXF footages to Apple ProRes 422 for FCP X on mac with the help of this professional MXF to ProRes Converter. And the latest Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.3 is supported; just feel free to try it!
Come and meet this Sony XDCAM MXF to FCP Converter for Mac which would be a vital part of your workflow. Mates, follow this link to order a license directly, or free download a trial version.
How to convert Sony PMW-350K MXF footage to ProRes 422 HQ for FCP X on Mac?
Step 1. Connect your Sony PMW-350K camera to Mac with USB cable or use card reader to transfer the MXF files to Apple hard drive disk.
Step 2. Run this Sony XDCAM MXF to FCP X Converter, and click the "Add video" button to load individuals mxf videos; or click "Add from folder" to load the entire folder.
Step 3. Choose editing program compatible format.
Click the "Profile" option, you will find various video formats sorted by different programs/devices. To get high video quality, Pls choose Final Cut Pro > Apple ProRes 422 HQ.
Pls note the "merge into one file" box above "Open", you can lossless merge your Sony MXF footages in a few clicks.
Step 4. Now click the big red Converter and wait for a while to get the fresh hot converted video. Click Browse to locate them directly.
This Pavtube MXF Converter for Mac could also convert Sony MXF footages to various formats for nonlinear editing programs such as iMovie/FCE, Premiere Pro, Avid Media Composer, etc.
- How to Import and Edit AVI Files with FCP X on Mac El Capitan/Sierra?
- Import MP4 Files to FCP X for Best Editing Workflow
- Best Workflow of Canon 5D Mark IV 4K MOV with FCP X
- Best Editing Workflow of Typhoon H 4K with FCP X on macOS Sierra
- Import DJI Inspire 1/1 Pro 4K to FCP 7 Editing on macOS Sierra
- How to Edit Sony FDR-AX35 4K XAVC S with FCP X on Mac OS X El Capitan?
- Transcode Sony XDCAM EX MP4 to Prores for FCP X Editing on Mac El Capitan
- How to Transcode 4K XAVC S to 4K Prores for FCP X on Mac El Capitan?
- Edit Sony PXW-X400 XAVC L with FCP X on Mac OS X El Capitan
- Transcode and Edit Sony Alpha 68 XAVC S with FCP X on Mac El Capitan
- Import 4K Footage to Final Cut Pro X/7/6