"First time user of Nikon D7100. We have some footage to be edit in FCP on Mac but FCP could not recognize H.264 mov footage. Is there anyone also using Nikon
Nikon D7100, the update of D7000, is a high-end product of the DSLR series which includes high resolution photo and full HD videos. It supports full HD 1080p videos and records at 60i, 60i ,30, 25 and 24 frames per second, and the HDMI output is supported for playing back on an HDTV.
The 1080p footages encoded in H.264 with extension of MOV have great video quality so that you can enjoy yourself to play it back. But if you want to edit them in traditional nonlinear editing programs such as FCP, Adobe Premiere, iMovie/FCE, Avid Media Composer and so on, it becomes a pain because the H.264 codec is not well supported by FCP, etc.
So, what can we do to edit Nikon D7100 H.264 1080p MOV footages in FCP?
I did a lot search on net to find methods to transcode Nikon D7100 H.264 1080p MOV to Apple ProRes for FCP on Mac, you may like to give a shot to this powerful Nikon MOV to FCP Converter. With intuitive interface, you can easily and fast convert your footages to ProRes for FCP on mac with the help of this professional Nikon D7100 to ProRes Converter. And the latest Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.3 is supported; now the trail-before-purchase is supported, just feel free to try it!
How to convert Nikon D7100 1080p MOV to ProRes 422 HQ for FCP without rendering
First of all, connect your Nikon D7100 camera to Mac with USB cable or use card reader to transfer the MOV files to Apple hard drive disk.
Step 1. Run this Pavtube Nikon H.264 MOV to ProRes Converter, and click the "Add video" button to load individuals mov videos; or click "Add from folder" to load the entire folder.
Step 2. Click from droplist of "Format" and you are recommended to choose "Final Cut Pro > Apple ProRes 422(HQ) (*.mov)" as best video format for editing Nikon D7100 H.264 footage in FCP 6/7/X as well as good video quality.
Click "Settings", you can fix the size to 1920*1080 to get better video quality; you can also fix the bitrate, frame rate as what you need.
Step 3. Now click the big red button and wait for a while to get the fresh hot converted video.
After a successful conversion, click "Open" to locate and import the generated Apple ProRes HQ MOV videos into FCP without rendering on Mac Mountain Lion.
- How to Import and Edit AVI Files with FCP X on Mac El Capitan/Sierra?
- Import MP4 Files to FCP X for Best Editing Workflow
- Best Workflow of Canon 5D Mark IV 4K MOV with FCP X
- Best Editing Workflow of Typhoon H 4K with FCP X on macOS Sierra
- Import DJI Inspire 1/1 Pro 4K to FCP 7 Editing on macOS Sierra
- How to Edit Sony FDR-AX35 4K XAVC S with FCP X on Mac OS X El Capitan?
- Transcode Sony XDCAM EX MP4 to Prores for FCP X Editing on Mac El Capitan
- How to Transcode 4K XAVC S to 4K Prores for FCP X on Mac El Capitan?
- Edit Sony PXW-X400 XAVC L with FCP X on Mac OS X El Capitan
- Transcode and Edit Sony Alpha 68 XAVC S with FCP X on Mac El Capitan
- Import 4K Footage to Final Cut Pro X/7/6