If you want to rewrap Avid DNxHD encoded MXF videos to ProRes MOV to editing in FCP on Mac, this step-by-step guide will help you out in details, and show you the way to
finish this within a few click.
Question: "How can I rewrap DNxHD MXF files into MOV files on a Mac to be used in FCP X or FCP 7? I know the windows version of ffmeg seems to be able to do it, but how about a mac? Any help answering this would be much appreciated."
Avid DNxHD, which stands for "Digital Nonlinear Extensible High Definition", is a lossy high-definition video post-production codec engineered for multi-generation compositing with reduced storage and bandwidth requirements. It is an implementation of SMPTE VC-3 standard. DNxHD codec was developed by Avid Technology, Inc.
For users of Hyperdeck Shuttle 2, Blackmagic cinema camera, etc., mostly possibly they get compressed DNxHD MXF video files which are not native supported by many other player, or nonlinear editing programs on mac. Some other people assume that Davinci Resolve Lite is able to make DNxHD into quicktime mov, but it's more like a transcode proress with certain quality loss and longer working time. Besides, it's not suit for macbook users because the macbook video card doesn't work with Davinci Resolve.
Hot Search: 4K Video with FCP X|Edit H.264 with FCP X|Transcode MTS for FCP X Editing|Edit 4K XAVC S with FCP
Hereby, you will need to get a powerful transform program and this is what we are going to introduce: Mac DNxHD MXF to ProRes Re-wrapper. This program features in easy-to-use interface, working stability and quick rewrapping work flow. You can download a free trial version here without time limit.
How to rewrap DNxHD MXF to ProRes 422 MOV for editing in FCP 7/X
Step 1. Connect your drive to Mac or copy and paste your files inside Mac hard drive directly. Click top left two icons to load individual videos or the entire folder correspondingly. Drag-and-drop is also well supported for your convenience.
Step 2. Click the drop-down list besides "Format", choose "Final Cut Pro > Apple ProRes 422(*mov)" as the most compatible codec for FCP 7/X.
Tips: You can also customize the output video quality, frame rate, etc. by clicking "Settings".
Step 3. Start converting DNxHD MXF files to ProRes MOV for FCP 7/X on Mac by clicking the big red circle. You can choose to shut down computer automatically after conversion done.
OK, it's all done, now import the rewrapped Apple ProRes MOV to FCP X!
- How to Import and Edit AVI Files with FCP X on Mac El Capitan/Sierra?
- Import MP4 Files to FCP X for Best Editing Workflow
- Best Workflow of Canon 5D Mark IV 4K MOV with FCP X
- Best Editing Workflow of Typhoon H 4K with FCP X on macOS Sierra
- Import DJI Inspire 1/1 Pro 4K to FCP 7 Editing on macOS Sierra
- How to Edit Sony FDR-AX35 4K XAVC S with FCP X on Mac OS X El Capitan?
- Transcode Sony XDCAM EX MP4 to Prores for FCP X Editing on Mac El Capitan
- How to Transcode 4K XAVC S to 4K Prores for FCP X on Mac El Capitan?
- Edit Sony PXW-X400 XAVC L with FCP X on Mac OS X El Capitan
- Transcode and Edit Sony Alpha 68 XAVC S with FCP X on Mac El Capitan
- Import 4K Footage to Final Cut Pro X/7/6