This guide will show you how to import Nikon DSLR H.264 MOV video files to Avid Media Composer for editing on Windows or Mac(10.5-10.8 mountain lion).
Nikon DSLR is one of the best choices of photographers who require end results of the highest quality, who demand superior performance, speed, handling and a fully integrated imaging system. No matter wedding, commercial or landscape, Nikon DSLR all works great.
If you have used Nikon DSLR, like D7100, D800/D800E, D4, D5200, D600, D90, D3200 or others, you may be familiar with MOV video format. Nikon use this video format to record HD footages in recent years, but at some time you may need to import Nikon MOV video to Avid software for editing. As we know, H.264 codec is not good for editing, you may need to render the video if you edit Nikon H.264 MOV in Avid Media Composer, it waste much time and you can't edit the video smoothly.
Is there an easy way to edit Nikon DSLR H.264 video files in Avid Media Composer?
The easiesy and fastest way is that you need to convert Nikon DSLR MOV to Avid suitable format, Avid best supported video format is DNxHD codec MOV format, so it's the first choice if you need to edit Nikon DSLR MOV in Avid Media Composer, you can follow the guide below.
Step 1. Free Download Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac (click Video Converter Ultimate if you are running windows), it's an excellent Mac Nikon DSLR Video Converter. Follow the prompts to install the program. Click "Finish" when the installation is complete, and Pavtube MOV to Avid converter will launch automatically.
- Supported OS: Mac OS X Leopard 10.5, Snow Leopard 10.6, Lion 10.7, Mountain Lion 10.8,Mavericks 10.9
- 1G Hz or above PowerPC G4/G5 or Intel processor.
- 512 MB physical RAM (memory) or more.
- 1024*768 or higher resolution display.
Step 2. Load MOV video files.
Click "Add video" to load Nikon DSLR MOV video files or directly drag and drop MOV video files to application UI. By default, the files are selected.
If you would like to join all the selected files together, check the box of "Merge into one file".
You could view the files in preview window, simply highlight the file and click play button.
Step 3. Click "Format" bar to determine output format. The program offers particular output formats for Avid. Just click the format bar and choose "Avid Media Composer -> Avid DNxHD (*.mov)" as output format.
Step 4. If you would like to customize the video and audio parameters, you can click "settings", adjust the parameters as you want, like Video Codec, aspect ratio, bit rate, frame rate, Audio codec, sampling rate, bit rate, channels.
Tips: Before you start conversion, you can click the" Edit" button (on the top of the main interface) to use "crop","trim", "water mark ".etc functions for editing your video.
Step 5. Click "Convert" to start.
Click the "Convert" button under the preview window, and the Mac Nikon MOV to Avid Converter will start the conversion from Nikon DSLR H.264 MOV to DNxHD MOV for Avid Media Composer or Avid Xpress Pro.
When conversion finished, you can get your converted video on your computer. Click "Open" button on the main interface to find it. The output DNxHD MOV files work in Avid Media Composer and Avid Xpress Pro.
1. Good News! Now you can get iMedia Converter for Mac($65) + DVD Creator for Mac($35) with Only $64.9 which can help you convert Nikon MOV videos as well as free burn them to DVD on Mac. Save $35.1!
2. With the bundled software: iMedia Converter for Mac($65) + Vidpie for Mac($29) = Only $74.9, Save $19.1, you can do all hd, sd video and DRM contents conversion.
3. Pavtube iMedia Converter Converter for Mac also support convert Blu-ray, DVD, and videos like MTS, M2TS, M2T, TS, MXF, MKV, AVI, FLV, F4V, MPG, Tivo, MP4, DV, MVI, WMV, DVR-MS, M4V, VOB, MOD, TOD, EVO, 3GP, Rmvb etc. video files to Apple ProRes, AIC, MOV, AVI, WMV, MP4 and more for working in non-linear editing software like FCP (X), iMovie, FCE, Adobe Premiere Pro, Apple Aperture 3, Kdenlive, Avid Xpress Pro, Adobe After Effects CS6, DaVinci Resolve on Mac OS X (Mavericks 10.9 included). Now just download and have a try.
- Best Workflow of 4K Video with Final Cut Pro X
- Can PS4 Play 4K Videos or Downscale to 1080p?
- Best Way to Play MP4 on Panasonic Viera TV from USB
- How to Get MP4 Files Played on Vizio TV from USB Port?
- Movie Studio Platinum 13 Won't Import MP4 Files, Solved!