If you are looking for an efficient way to import M4V videos to Final Cut Pro, now have a look at below guide of converting M4V video to FCP compatible Prores MOV format on Mac.
The M4V file format was developed by Apple from the MP4 format. M4V is used to store movies, TV series, and music videos in the iTunes Store. Note that M4V files from the iTunes Store may be copy protected. Unprotected M4V files will play on your Mac computer if you have QuickTime installed, but many editing programs will not fully support .M4V format.
As M4V codec is part of the MPEG-4 which is not compatible with Final Cut Pro, if you would like to successfully handle and edit video recordings in FCP and avoid the compatibility problems, you just convert your M4V files to a more FCP-friendly and acceptable format firstly.
Hot Search: 4K Video with FCP X|Edit H.264 with FCP X|Transcode MTS for FCP X Editing|Edit 4K XAVC S with FCP
Step-by step guide of to get M4V video to work with Final Cut Pro on Mac
Step 1. Run Pavtube iMedia Converter on Mac.
Free Download this Pavtube M4V to FCP Converter on your Mac, install and launch it.
Step 2. Add M4V video clips.
Click "Add Video" button and browser to M4V located folders on your computer.
Step 3. Choose output format and custom profile presets.
Select best M4V to FCP profile preset by clicking "Final Cut Pro" > "Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov)". Plus, you could adjust profile parameters like size, bit rate, frame rate to get better video quality or custom file size.
Step 4. Convert M4V video for Final Cut Pro.
Click the big "Convert" icon to start M4V to Final Cut Pro conversion. When finished, get the generated .MOV files by clicking "Open" button and you could import your M4V videos to Final Cut Pro for editing.
If you want to burn video files from FCP to DVD, Pavtube DVD Creator for Mac is a good choice, and you can get the bundle software as below:
iMedia Converter for Mac($65) + DVD Creator for Mac($35) = Only $64.9, Save $35.1
- How to Import and Edit AVI Files with FCP X on Mac El Capitan/Sierra?
- Import MP4 Files to FCP X for Best Editing Workflow
- Best Workflow of Canon 5D Mark IV 4K MOV with FCP X
- Best Editing Workflow of Typhoon H 4K with FCP X on macOS Sierra
- Import DJI Inspire 1/1 Pro 4K to FCP 7 Editing on macOS Sierra
- How to Edit Sony FDR-AX35 4K XAVC S with FCP X on Mac OS X El Capitan?
- Transcode Sony XDCAM EX MP4 to Prores for FCP X Editing on Mac El Capitan
- How to Transcode 4K XAVC S to 4K Prores for FCP X on Mac El Capitan?
- Edit Sony PXW-X400 XAVC L with FCP X on Mac OS X El Capitan
- Transcode and Edit Sony Alpha 68 XAVC S with FCP X on Mac El Capitan