Summary: If you are having trouble with import the .mov video file type from Canon Powershot into Windows Movie Maker, try converting it to WMM workable wmv format with this Pavtube Canon Ultimate Video Converter.
Q1: I have a Canon PowerShot SX30 and I have been trying to upload the mov videos onto WMM. Every time I go to import, it says "Movie Maker doesn't support the selected file type". I don't know what to do or how to fix this.
Q2: I have a Canon powershot A2300. Now that I want to use Movie maker to edit, put the mov ideos onto wmm, however, the videos are very laggy and freezy. Is there any way to work out. Please help!!
As far as I konw, windows movie maker prefers .wmv format. So the best workflow to solve the Windows movie maker importing issues with .mov from canon powershot is to convert Canon Powershot to WMM compatible wmv format for editing. It is the quick and effective way, but you need to find third-party software to help you.
Here we suggested you try with the Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate which can does a good job of creating a native .wmv file type that will work with Movie Maker.
Overall, it is the easy-to-use and user-friendly software with powerful functions which has many presets for different using. It is the all-in-one software: the superfast conversion speed, high quality of output videos, powerful conversion for various videos, DVD and blu-ray, powerful editing and so on. Download it and experience what it can do for you. Now let’s move to the brief guide as below:
Step by step to convert Canon Powershot MOV to Windows Movie Maker
Step 1: Import Canon Powershot MOV files
Click “Add Video” or "Add from folder" to load your as many Canon Powershot MOV files as you can into Canon Ultimate Video Converter.
Step 2. Choose WMV as output format.
Click “Format” option, and choose "Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas" > "WMV (VC-1) (*.wmv)" as output format.
This Canon MOV Ultiamte Video Converter will convert Canon Powershot MOV to WMV for native importing to WMM. And export WMV videos with original video resolution, and make the HD videos stable on Windows Movie Maker.
Step 3: Convert Canon Powershot MOV to WMV for Windows Movie Maker
Click "Convert"to convert Canon Powershot MOV to WMV for editing in Windows Movie Maker.
Other features of this Canon Ultimate Video Converter:
1. It can rip and convert latest DVD and blu-ray disc. And it is a great tool to backup discs: "Copy the entire disc" will 1:1 backup the whole movie with original structure, and "Directly Copy" can copy the main movie of the disc without menu and titbits.
2. You are allowed to edit the video, such as trim, crop, add watermark of text, image and video, attach subtitle, etc
This integrated software will give you more than you have to do. Go to import the generated video into Windows Movie Maker to enjoy editing, and try more other functions now.
Click Pavtube Special Offer page to get more discount:
ByteCopy($42) + Video Converter Ultimate($65) = Only $79.9, Save $27.1
Video Converter Ultimate($65) + Vidpie($29) = Only $74.9, Save $19.1
Video Converter Ultimate($65) + DVD Creator($35) = Only $64.9, Save $35.1
- Import and edit MTS/M2TS files with Windows Movie Maker
- 3 Ways to Convert Windows Movie Maker Files to MP4 in H.265/H.264
- Imort and Edit DJI Osmo MP4 with Windows Movie Maker
- Fix MP4 to Windows Movie Maker Importing Issues
- How to Compress and Edit 4K Video with Windows Movie Maker?
- Torrent AVI Movies Has Only Audio in Windows Movie Maker