Read this guide to learn how to convert Sony PMW-200 MXF to QuickTime MOV with Mac MXF to QuickTime Converter.
"I have been supplied a MXF file that has come from Sony PMW-200 camcorder that I want to deliver my current clients to play directly on my new Mac PowerBook. It’s an XDCAM codec, now I 'm
using QuickTime Player. I notice they can play a ProRes version without having anything additional installed; but when we tried an XDCAM version, no go. So is there an easy way for them to get a
plug-in that will allow Quicktime to play the XDCAM movie file format from PMW-200 without having FCP installed on their laptop? ProRes is great, but it's a rather large file for their
Just like the users above, you may want to play the xdcam footages from Sony PMW-200 with QuickTime on Mac natively. But, as we know, for video codecs recorded by Sony PMW-200, they are not friendly to QuickTime Player. As I understand from a little digging, I think you need to try trashing the preferences for QT Player. So the best solution is transcode Sony PMW-200 XDCAM files to QT best supported codec. After testing, we found that as long as xdcam video been previously converted to the Quicktime .mov format, you can get Sony PMW-200 XDCAM MXF video to play with QuickTime easily.
Hot Search: VLC Media Player No Sound? Solved! | Watch H.265/HEVC files with VLC | Fix VLC 4K Video Playback | Fix VLC MP4 Playback Troubles
To do this, you need a XDCAM Converter for Mac which is an excellent and valuable software. I have used it to convert my xdcam mxf video files for playback with QuickTime quickly, you can follow the steps below to convert convert Sony PMW-200 XDCAM MXF to QuickTime MOV on Mac.
1. Download Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac, run this program. Click “Add video” to load .mxf video files or directly drag the files into file list.
2. Click “Format” bar to determine output format. Click and choose Common video -> MOV-QuickTime (*.mov). You can also choose other format for output as you want.
3. If you would like to customize the video and audio parameters, you can click “settings”, adjust the parameters as you want, like Video Codec, aspect ratio, bit rate, frame rate, Audio codec, sampling rate, bit rate, channels.
4. Click “Convert” to start.
Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac will convert Sony PMW-200 MXF to QuickTime MOV with best video and audio synchronization.
Is it easy? After conversion, you can use converted files with MOV format and freely view Sony PMW-200 MXF footage with QuickTime Player on Mac.
If your MXF files have 2 audio tracks or more, here is a new program specially designed for multi-track preserving and mixing features, named iMixMXF. Featured formats include: MOV/MP4/MPG/WMV/FLV/MKV and more.
- Ways of Watching 3D Movies with VLC Media Player
- Stream Local Video on Fire TV with VLC via USB drive
- How to Get AVI Files Played on VLC Media Player?
- How to Play MKV Files on VLC Smoothly?
- How to Fix VLC H.265/HEVC Playback Issues?
- Play Sony XDCAM EX MP4 Files with QuickTime Player on Mac El Capitan
- How to Fix AVI Files Not Playing with QuickTime Player 10 on Mac?
- 3 Ways to Play MKV Files with QuickTime Player on Mac
- How to Install and Run QuickTime 7 Pro on Mac OS X El Capitan?
- How to Convert Sony 4K XAVC S to MOV for QuickTime player on Mac El Capitan?
- Does QuickTime Play Blu-ray/DVD/ISO, MKV/MP4/AVI/FLV/WMV?
- 7 Essential Add-ons that you must download for Kodi Media Player
- Stream Supported and Unsupported Video from Kodi/XBMC to Chromecast
- How to Play 3D Blu-ray ISO Files on Kodi with 3D Effect?