To imput Sony NX5U videos HD .mts videos into FCP without any trouble, you'd better encode AVCHD to FCP best supported Apple Prores MOV format before importing.
The first in Sony’s line of NXCAM solid-state camcorders, the HXR-NX5U is also the company’s first professional-level AVCHD camcorder. And while it may look similar to its HDV predecessor, the
HVR-Z5U, in fact this is a very different animal. Its ability to capture HD and SD video in AVCHD and MPEG-2 formats–and save it to solid state media–is only one of its distinctive traits.
Full-raster 1920 x 1080 video is another, including the option of recording 720/60p video as well as 60i, 30p and 24p.
FCP can help us to make some movie magic. Do you like editing HD videos with it? If you have got some HD viedeos from Sony NXCAM HXR-NX5U camcorder, you are likely to import files to iMovie for further editing and get a better effect for sharing with your family and friends. However, from googling, I found some users met some incompatible errors when they tried to ingest Sony HXR-NX5U AVCHD MTS files to FCP.
To imput Sony NX5U videos HD .mts videos into FCP without any trouble, you’d better encode AVCHD to FCP best supported Apple Prores MOV format before importing. It menas you have to download a professional Mac Sony MTS/M2TS Converter tool to help you to do the conversion. The MTS Convert tool not only can transcode AVCHD to Final Cut Pro, iMovie and Final Cut Express NLE’s video formats, but also can reformat MTS/M2TS with original video quality. Below are the easy conversion steps for you.
Hot Search: 4K Video with FCP X|Edit H.264 with FCP X|Transcode MTS for FCP X Editing|Edit 4K XAVC S with FCP
Step 1. Install the Sony AVCHD to Prores Converter program I recommend on your Mac OS X computer. Run it and add .mts/.m2ts files from NXCAM HXR-NX5U to it.
Step 2. Click on “Format” bar and set a FCP friendly format in dropdown-list. You are advised to “Follow Final Cut Pro” template and “Apple ProRes 422(HQ) (*.mov)” format.
Step 3. Click the “Settings” button and customize proper video/ audio parameters if necessary. Video size, bitrate and fame rate are flexible and can be adjusted as you like.
Step 4. Click “convert” to start converting Sony AVCHD to Mac with FCP editable format for importing and editing.
- How to Import and Edit AVI Files with FCP X on Mac El Capitan/Sierra?
- Import MP4 Files to FCP X for Best Editing Workflow
- Best Workflow of Canon 5D Mark IV 4K MOV with FCP X
- Best Editing Workflow of Typhoon H 4K with FCP X on macOS Sierra
- Import DJI Inspire 1/1 Pro 4K to FCP 7 Editing on macOS Sierra
- How to Edit Sony FDR-AX35 4K XAVC S with FCP X on Mac OS X El Capitan?
- Transcode Sony XDCAM EX MP4 to Prores for FCP X Editing on Mac El Capitan
- How to Transcode 4K XAVC S to 4K Prores for FCP X on Mac El Capitan?
- Edit Sony PXW-X400 XAVC L with FCP X on Mac OS X El Capitan
- Transcode and Edit Sony Alpha 68 XAVC S with FCP X on Mac El Capitan
- Import 4K Footage to Final Cut Pro X/7/6