Summary: Trying to put M2T files to Avid Media Composer for editing but encountered some issues? This article will help you get better Avid MC and M2T Workflow. Just follow it.
M2T is a HDV Video File- High-definition video recording format used by many HD camcorders; commonly referred to as "HDV;" uses MPEG-2 compression to store HD video data on DV or MiniDV tapes;
supports resolutions of 720p and 1080i. Many users has reported issues when using M2T files:
Q1: My problem deals specifically with 60i HDV footage shot using a Canon XH-A1 while simultaneously recording onto a Citidisk hard drive as a .m2t file. I import the file into AVID using the DNxHD codec and I get error message. Tried searching on Google and on this forum, and haven't found anything. Anyone can hep me out?
Q2: Has anyone experienced this problem where Avid will only import 24 minutes of a M2T footage that is an hour long? I found this thread in Avid's forum but so far no one seems to know what the solution is.
Part I: Transcoding M2T files to Avid DNxHD MOV for using in Avid Media Composer
1. Run Pavtube MTS/M2TS Converter for Win/Mac as the best M2T Converter for Avid MC. Click "Add Video" or "Add from folder" icon to load .m2t video.
2. Choose "Avid Media Composer -> DNxHD (*.mov)", this format is best for Avid Media Composer native editing.
3. Click "Settings" button and enter "Profile Settings" panel to adjust video and audio settings if necessary. Users are free to reset codec, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate, and audio channels.
4. Click the big button "Convert" to start converting M2T to Avid DNxHD MOV for Avid Media Composer.
Part 2: Import converted video to Avid Media Composer.
Launch Avid Media Composer, and import the converted video files to Avid MC.
- Import DJI Phantom 4 4K Video to Avid Media Composer for Editing on Mac
- How to Import Avid MXF to FCP 7/X for Editing with Best Workflow?
- Best Way to Work Sony XDCAM EX MP4 with Avid Media Composer
- Transcode MP4/MOV to Native-Formats DNxHD for Avid Media Composer
- Import Sony XDCAM/Canon XF/Panasonic P2 MXF to Avid Media Composer
- Workflow of GoPro Hero 4K with Avid Media Composer
- How to Import and Edit Sony XAVC S to Avid Media Composer on Mac?
- How to Transcode QuickTime MOV to Avid Media Composer DNxHD on Mac
- Import Samsung NX500 H.265 to Avid Media Composer 8/7/6.5/6 on Mac OS X
- Edit Samsung NX1 with Avid Media Composer on Mac Yosemite/Mavericks
- Converting FCP ProRes to DNxHD MOV for Avid Media Composer