A step-by-step guide to show how to rip Blu-ray/DVD files to MKV for watching on VLC Player with best video quality retaining multiple audio tracks and multiple subtitles
I dont not own a DVD or Blu-ray player, and I was looking for a program to compress or rip my Blu-ray/DVD for watching Anime on VLC Player. Is there any way? If the converter has the ability to keep chapter and subtitles, it would be great.
What we need?
To transfer Blu-ray/DVD to play on VLC Player, the first step is to remove commercial Blu-ray discs and DVDs protection from film studio, and then do the conversion. After several trials, we recommended this Pavtube ByteCopy which does a great job in quick decrypting the protected discs within a few clicks.
Best of all, it can handle the latest Blu-ray and is capable of backup Blu-ray to lossless MKV preserving all the multiple audio and subtitle tracks as well as chapter markers. Also, I can convert my Blu-ray/DVD movie on Galexy S III with it. In this way, I can freely watch Anime on my VLC Player.
Hot Search: Play Any Video on WMP 12 | Open MP4 Files with QuickTime Player | Kodi Supported File Formats | Play MP4 Video in Windows Media Player
Now let me show you how to backup Blu-ray to lossless MKV with chapter markers no recoding in 3 steps.
1. Import Blu-ray to Pavtube ByteCopy.
Click "Load file" icon on the top left to load the Blu-ray disc.
2. Choose Lossless MKV with chapter markers.
Under "Format" menu, there are lots of video formats. Go to find "Multi-track Video" option and choose "Lossless/encoded multi-track MKV (* mkv)" because it will contain chapter markers in output MKV.
Tips: If you want to convert Blu-ray to other video formats or portable devices, just choose the video format you need or select portable devices in the dropdown list.
3. Start conversion.
Click big "Convert" button to start conversion. It won't take much time for conversion and then you will get lossless MKV once completed. Hit "Open" button you will go to location of generated files.
Learn more details about how to rip Blu-ray disc to MKV and keep chapter markers and then go to fully enjoy your favorite Blu-ray whenever you wanna.
More features in ByteCopy:
* Full Disc Copy can 1:1 backup the whole Blu-ray/DVD disc with original structure including chapter markers.
* Directly Copy will backup 100% intact Blu-ray main movie with all the multiple tracks excluding menu.
* Contain all the features of Blu-ray Ripper: rip and convert latest Blu-ray/DVD to various video formats for playback or editing, edit the video before conversion including trim, crop, effect, etc, add *sst and *ass subtitle into video part and so on.
- Ways of Watching 3D Movies with VLC Media Player
- Stream Local Video on Fire TV with VLC via USB drive
- How to Get AVI Files Played on VLC Media Player?
- How to Play MKV Files on VLC Smoothly?
- How to Fix VLC H.265/HEVC Playback Issues?
- Play Sony XDCAM EX MP4 Files with QuickTime Player on Mac El Capitan
- How to Fix AVI Files Not Playing with QuickTime Player 10 on Mac?
- 3 Ways to Play MKV Files with QuickTime Player on Mac
- How to Install and Run QuickTime 7 Pro on Mac OS X El Capitan?
- How to Convert Sony 4K XAVC S to MOV for QuickTime player on Mac El Capitan?
- Does QuickTime Play Blu-ray/DVD/ISO, MKV/MP4/AVI/FLV/WMV?
- 7 Essential Add-ons that you must download for Kodi Media Player
- Stream Supported and Unsupported Video from Kodi/XBMC to Chromecast
- How to Play 3D Blu-ray ISO Files on Kodi with 3D Effect?