This article indicates how to edit Canon Vixia HF G30 AVCHD in Adobe Premiere Pro or Avid Media Composer on Mac.
The Canon VIXIA HF G30 is a prosumer camera that shoots 1920 x 1080 Full HD video in either AVCHD or web-friendly MP4 format. It also supports Native 24p Progressive Mode recording, which will give your footage a more cinematic look.
Videos are shot in AVCHD up to 35 Mbps and recorded in full HD 1080 60p, which is not supported by most editing programs. Hence it could be a problem when Mac users need to ingest the 1080 60p AVCHD video in Adobe Premiere Pro, Avid Media Composer smoothly.
To edit Canon Vixia HF G30 AVCHD in Adobe Premiere Pro, Avid Media Composer on Mac, you are suggested to convert the AVCHD MTS to Adobe preferred H.264 MOV or DNxHD for Avid. To accomplish this, I recommend this MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac, a powerful and professional AVCHD converting program which support outputting various videos formats for different usage..
Hot Search: Import Blu-ray/DVD in PPC?|Import/Edit H.265 with PPC|Edit MP4 with PPC|Work 4K Video with PPC
Now follow these steps to quick convert Canon Vixia HF G30 AVCHD into DNxHD or AVC MOV.
Step 1. Download this Mac Canon Vixia HF G30 Converter, get it installed. Drag and drop your videos into it directly.
Step 2. Choose proper video format.
Click the drop-down list besides “Format”, choose “Avid Media Composer” at left column, and select “Avid DNxHD” as the best preset for AMC.
For Adobe Premiere Pro, the MOV(AVC)(*.mov) is suggested.
Step 3. Customize video size, bitrate, frame rate, and other settings.
FYI: if you want to trim, crop the videos before transcoding, you can click Edit like this:
Pavtube AVCHD Converter for Mac also support deinterlacing, editing audio and adding sutitles.
Note: If you want to add 3D effect (Side-by-Side, Top-Bottom, or Anaglyph 3D in MKV/MP4/MOV/WMV/AVI), you can try iMedia Converter for Mac.
Step 4. Now let’s click the big red Convert to start this conversion easily. Wait for a while and you can click the “Open” to locate the converted video easily.
- Import MXF OP-Atom Files to Premiere Pro CC With Only Audio, Solved!
- Best Codec & Bit Rate Export Settings for YouTube in Premiere Pro CC
- Import iTunes DRM M4V Files to Adobe Premiere Pro for Editing
- Import and Edit Blackmagic 4K Ultra HD Prores with Adobe Premiere Pro CC
- How to Import/Edit Canon XF100 MXF to Adobe Premiere Pro on Mac for Best Workflow?
- Fail to Import MXF Files into Premiere Pro CC 2015, Solved!
- How to Load Sony 4K XAVC S to Premiere Pro for Best Editing Workflow?
- Adobe Effects CC 2015.3 FAQs and Known Issues
- How to Reinstall Premiere Pro CC 2015.2?
- Best Importing Settings of DJI Phantom 3/4 4K for Premiere Pro CC
- Import Galaxy S6/S7 Video to Premiere Pro CC