Store many Blu-ray collections at home and want to watch Blu-ray movies on your Android Tablet & Smartphone? But, of course, we can't play Blu-ray on Android directly. Here this guide is for users to easily copy and play Blu-ray movies on Android devices.
With the constant release of new systems like Android series, Android Tablets/Phones become more and more popular among people all over the world, such as Samsung Galaxy Tab S, Galaxy Note 4, Galaxy S6/S6 Edge, Google Nexus 6/9, Kindle Fire HDX/HD, Xperia Z3, HTC One M9, etc. are the market hot spots.
ccording to a recent survey, the marketing share of Android is now approaching Apple. People who have an Android Tablet or Phone on their hand are in large number. They are all perfect for watching videos on the go. Therefore, there is a great demand for backing up, ripping and watching Blu-ray movies onto Android devices.
However, Android phones/tablets don't have the Blu-ray drive for playing Blu-ray movies (Read Android Support Video Format). That means, if you want to watch Blu-ray movies on your Android tablet or smartphone anytime and anywhere you like, you will need to rip/compress Blu-ray to Android compatible video formats like MP4 so that you can play your favorite Blu-rays freely on your Android talet or phone.
To rip Blu-ray to Android devices, you need to simply get Blu-ray to Android Ripper and accomplish your task in a few mouse clicks! But Which is the top Blu-ray ripping software? I simply
connected to the internet and google “Blu-ray Ripper Reviews”, “Best Blu-ray Ripping Software”, “Best Blu ray ripper” for a few top 5 and top 10 lists in which this software was either 1st or 2nd
in most every one I come across.
So Pavtube BDMagic should be your first choice for ripping newly released Blu-ray movies from physical discs to Android, iOS, Windows tablets and smartphones, stream to various Media players and TVs and backup to hard disk, etc. (Mac version: BDMagic for Mac)
1. Successful loading all Blu-rays. Unlike Xilisoft Blu-ray Ripper and Aimersoft Blu-ray Ripper which I tried but failed on loading Blu-rays, Pavtube Blu-ray Ripper recognizes
all kinds of Blu-ray and DVD sources: BDMV folder, physical DVD, Blu-ray ISO, VIDEO_TS folder, DVD ISO and IFO file, protected Blu-ray Disc and unprotected Blu-ray Disc. Moreover, and it
successfully detects main movie by default.
2. “Full disc copy” feature. Full disc copy is pretty fast, I tried once and it only took 30 minutes. (Read the steps)
Tip: I used another Pavtube program called ByteCopy to backup Blu-rays without quality loss. Meanwhile, several audio tracks and subtitles are preserved so I can switch language when watching movies.
3. Various output profile presets.
4. Video Editor available, including adding *.srt and *.ass subtitle
5. Other small but essential functions. Pavtube application takes advantage of the NVIDIA CUDA technology and AMD APP technology, and the conversion speed can be increased up to 6 times faster than ever before.
6. Converting 2D/3D Blu-ray, standard DVD to 3D video (3D effect in saved MKV, MP4 and MOV files.)
1. Support latest BD and DVD
2. Support Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9/Yosemite 10.10 and Windows 10 perfectly
3. Support H.265 encoding
My point of view: I was searching for Blu-ray ripper. I find Pavtube BDMagic. It seemed easier to use and somehow had more professional feeling than DVDfab. Easy to use, and both DVDs and blu-rays can be ripped. Ripping is fast. Just seemed the best product I could find, for ripping DVDs and blu-rays. The trial seemed to work so I decided to buy. With it, I can freely watch Blu-ray movies on TV from media device in home network and also easily get my few iPad/iPhone and Android, Windows phones, and Windows laptops for Blu-rays enjoyment anytime and anywhere.
Step 1. Launch the top Blu-ray Ripper for Android, and load your Blu-ray source files to the program via clicking Blu-ray icon in the upper left corner of the main interface. When the movie files are loaded, simply tick off the checkbox before the movie title you want to rip for your android devices.
Note: A BD drive is needed for Blu-ray Ripping.
Optional - You can click on the dropdown list of "Subtitles" to select subtitles of desired language so that you can view Blu-ray films on your Android devices with proper subtitles, same steps you can do with Audio track selection. Make sure you select the main movie before setting subtitles.
Step 2. Click on “Format” menu, choose an Android friendly format, e.g. H.264 .mp4 for conversion. There are optimized format for Galaxy S6/S6 Edge, Sony Xperia Z4, Google Nexus 6, Nexus 10, Kindle Fire HDX, Galaxy Tab S and more.
Optional - If you think the video size this not suitable for your Android Tablet or Phone, you can first choose any one of the provided type, then change the settings.Please remember the file size is based more on bitrate than resolution which means bitrate higher results in big file size, and lower visible quality loss.
Step 3. Convert Blu-ray/DVD for Android by clicking "Convert" button. How to move the converted video files to your Android tablet or phone? Try these transferring way.
If you are a DVD lover, turn to the guide to learn how to Rip DVD movies to Android Phone/Tablet for watching.
For iTunes users, read this tutorial to sync iTunes Movie/Music to Android.
If you have ISO/IFO collections, refer to the article to play ISO/IFO files on Android devices.
Have recorded some Tivo shows, learn how to transfer Tivo to Android gadgets.
- How to Play Blu-ray/DVD Disc Movies on Surface Pro 4 Windows Mac?
- Play AVI (DivX, XviD) Video Files on Surface Pro 3, Pro 2 and Pro
- Transfer video, music, photo files to Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2
- Put/Move/Transfer Blu-ray and DVD ISO/IFO image files to Surface 2 or Surface Pro 2
- How to Enjoy and Play Blu-ray/DVD on Nexus 5X/6P
- Google Pixel C Supported File Formats and Transfer Video Audio to Pixel C
- Put MKV/AVI/VOB/ISO/Tivo/H.265 on Sony Xperia Z6
- How to Transfer Music, Video to Kindle Fire Tablet?
- Transfer 1080p videos and movies to Sony Xperia Tablet S
- How to transfer movie from Digital Copy to Google Nexus 10 tablet?
- Best Lossless Blu-ray Audio Extractor for macOS Sierra