The simplest solution of removing DRM protection and recording Blu-ray/DVD Digital Copy to Surface RT for playback anytime and anywhere.
Q. What is Digital Copy?
A. Digital Copy is a standard definition digital version of your purchased DVD/Blu-ray; it's usually located on a stand-alone disc which bundled with your sets and in your choice of iTunes or Windows Media formats. It's Mac & PC compatible.
Q: Can I play Digital Copy on Surface RT or any other portable devices?
I want my Monsters Inc Digital copy to play on my Surface RT with at least youtube quality. It is playable in windows media player but because of DRM I cannot install it normally on my surface. What is the most reliable program to help me and any tips?
A: Digital Copy is Windows/Mac compatible (which is usually in WMV or MOV format); it also works on IOS devices but not on Windows 8 RT tablets.
Digital Copy is more and more popular because people can get an authorized standard definition digital version of their Blu-ray/DVD, which is much worthy. We may simply make a copy on this computer (Windows/Mac) and play them in authorized IOS devices like iPhone, iPad, iPod. However, Digital Copies are DRM protected so that you cannot play them on Windows 8.1 RT deices. Surface RT is no exception.
So, if you really want to play Digital Copy with Surface RT, here are two steps you need to walk though:
1. Roll off the DRM;
2. Convert to other formats Surface RT supports, for instance, H.264 MP4.
Get Pavtube ChewTune - A Top Digital Copy to Surface RT Recorder
Hot Search: Best DVD to Surface Converter|Install Flash Player on Kindle|Play HD Movies on Surface Pro|Play Amazon Instant Video on Surface
Below is how:
Note: Before conversion you need first to transfer Digital Copy to computer in Windows Media (.wmv) or iTunes video format (.m4v). If you have no idea about how, check my earlier post "Blu-ray/DVD Digital Copy: Transfer, Play and Backup" to learn details.
Step 1: Download and install ChewTune.
When converting protected Digital Copy WMV or M4V files, please make sure you videos play well in Windows Media Player or iTunes (Windows Media Player or iTunes is required for the conversion). Otherwise, the conversion may fail.
Step 2: Click "Add" button to import your Digital Copy movies or just drag and drop the movies to the software. Batch conversion is supported so that you can add multiple files to convert at a time.
Step 3: Click "Format" bar and move mouse to "Windows" column, you can easily find the profile of "Microsoft Surface Windows RT H.264 Video (*.mp4)". The output videos could fit on Surface RT tablet perfectly. If you like, you can click "Settings" to change the video encoder, resolution, frame rate, etc. as you wish.
Step 4: Click the big "Convert" button to begin encoding your Digital Copy to Surface RT playable videos.
Once the encoding task completes, you can transfer the result videos to your SD card for your Surface. There now you know how to get Digital Copy movies onto your Microsoft Surface RT tablet so you can watch them on that gorgeous screen!
This workaround works with Windows 8 as well, of course.
1. About ChewTune - An easy-to-use yet intuitive and stable DRM converter which can help you strip DRM protection from iTunes, Blu-ray/DVD Digital Copy movies Amazon, Zune, BBC iPlayer, Napster, Blockbuster, etc. and convert videos to all popular video formats like MP4, MOV, MKV, WMV, AVI, FLV, etc. for playing and sharing anywhere you like. The audio/video synchronization is very good and the quality of the converted videos too. It's completely free for protected Audio files.
2. Check out "The Ways Transferring Files to Your Surface" if you have no idea about Surface RT file transfer.
- How to Play Blu-ray/DVD Disc Movies on Surface Pro 4 Windows Mac?
- Play AVI (DivX, XviD) Video Files on Surface Pro 3, Pro 2 and Pro
- Transfer video, music, photo files to Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2
- Put/Move/Transfer Blu-ray and DVD ISO/IFO image files to Surface 2 or Surface Pro 2
- How to Enjoy and Play Blu-ray/DVD on Nexus 5X/6P
- Google Pixel C Supported File Formats and Transfer Video Audio to Pixel C
- Put MKV/AVI/VOB/ISO/Tivo/H.265 on Sony Xperia Z6
- How to Transfer Music, Video to Kindle Fire Tablet?
- Transfer 1080p videos and movies to Sony Xperia Tablet S
- How to transfer movie from Digital Copy to Google Nexus 10 tablet?