What Video HD Format Settings will Android play? This article introduces which are the recommended and supported video formats for Android Tablets and Phones like Google Nexus 4, Google Neuxs 5,
Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Transformer Book T100, Padfone 2, Galaxy Tab 3 10.1/8.0 and Nook HD.
Are you an Android user? Do you have encountered the problem below:
I've got quite a big movie collection which ranges from AVI, MP4, h.264, Xvid,Dixv and more besides.The problem is that some file formats play better than others with some perfect to others that are glitchy at best, so does anybody know the best file formats that Asus and Ice Cream Sandwich play best with? I will then convert my 700 movies to that format. Cheers!
Then, what video formats are supported by Android phones & tablets ? Find your answers here for questions about Android video formats and others video faq for Android users.
See Also: Get a best video format for Android smartphones
Hot Search: Best Flash Player for iPhone|Top Free iPhone Video/Audio Converter|Sync Video from PC to iPhone|Play iPhone Video on TV
Android Supported Video Formats
Nowadays, Android Phones and Tablets have occupied the most part of the market, a big rival to Apple. Have you got one Andorid Tablet or Phone like the new hot Google Nexus 4, Google Neuxs 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Transformer Book T100, Padfone 2, Galaxy Tab 3 10.1/8.0 and Nook HD etc.? In addition to playing games, doing emails, browsing the web, etc., watching all kinds of HD movies, DVD movies, 1080p Blu-ray HD movies or iTunes and Amazon movies on your Andriod Tablet or Phone is a nice chooice.
While, you have to accept the truth that the Andriod video playback format is limited, an Android application can use media codecs either provided by any Android-powered device, or additional media codecs developed by third-party companies.
The below table shows what files Android phones and tablets support, with both codec and filename extension information provided.
Video Formats for Android
1. Some Android phones may provide support for additional formats or file types not listed in the table. Similarly, some video formats may only be supported by later Android versions.
2. For Audio and Image formats for Android, see below.
- Audio formats: MP3, 3GP, MP4, M4A, AAC, TS, FLAC, OGG, MKA, WAV, MID, XMF, MXMF, RTTTL, RTX, OTA, IMY
- Image formats: JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP, WEBP.
Below are the recommended encoding parameters for Android video from Android developer homepage. Any video with these parameters are playable on Android tablets/phones.
Make Video Playable on Any Android Phones and Tablets
However, if you want to unsupported videos on Android, find a multi-format video player or convert any videos to Android compatible formats. To accomplish this goal, I humbly recommend
Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate – ripping Blu-ray/DVD/ISO/IFO to Android devices compatible
video formats to play them on all Android devices.
Overall, it not only allows you convert any video with customizable options (all above parameters supported), but also help you watch Blu-ray/DVD/ISO/IFO movies on your Android tablets/phones. PS.
Recommended Video Parameters for Android
Other Questions about Android Video Formats
There are also other questions frequently asked by Android users. Here are some examples.
- Read More Android FAQs at Top 5 Video FAQ of Android Devices
Android FAQ 1: How can I change video format of an Android video?
Similar to convert video to play on Android tablets or phones, sometimes you may also need to edit video after transferring from Android phones/tablets to computer. Generally, most video editing program support Android video formats like MP4, 3GP, MKV, etc. If the videos are not supported by your program, you can convert it with your favorite video converter, such as Android Movie Converter.
Android FAQ 2: Video format for Droid and other Android tablet & phones?
Droid is a popular Android phone model from Motorola. The video formats for Droid is similar to other Android phones. To be clear, they are H.264 (.mp4), MPEG-4 (.mp4), and H.263 video with AMR audio (.3gp), WMV9 (.wmv).
Android FAQ 3: What’s the best Android video player for multiple formats?
There are many video players that support almost any video formats, including MP4, 3GP, WMV, MKV, AVI, FLV, MOV, M4V, etc. My personal favorite Android video player is MoboPlayer, totally free and all-in-one. See more Best and Free Android Video Players.
- How to Play Blu-ray/DVD Disc Movies on Surface Pro 4 Windows Mac?
- Play AVI (DivX, XviD) Video Files on Surface Pro 3, Pro 2 and Pro
- Transfer video, music, photo files to Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2
- Put/Move/Transfer Blu-ray and DVD ISO/IFO image files to Surface 2 or Surface Pro 2
- How to Enjoy and Play Blu-ray/DVD on Nexus 5X/6P
- Google Pixel C Supported File Formats and Transfer Video Audio to Pixel C
- Put MKV/AVI/VOB/ISO/Tivo/H.265 on Sony Xperia Z6
- How to Transfer Music, Video to Kindle Fire Tablet?
- Transfer 1080p videos and movies to Sony Xperia Tablet S
- How to transfer movie from Digital Copy to Google Nexus 10 tablet?