Summary: Below is a great article about how to get a DRMed-iTunes movie experience on Android tablet via Windows 8.1/8/7.
With your iOS Device iPad 2, iPod Touch, iPhone 4S, iPod, you can use iTunes to sync, organize and manage music and movies. And iTunes can connect to the iTunes Store to purchase and download music, music videos, television shows, movies and movie rentals.
As you see, those videos files including TV episodes, movies, and music videos from iTunes Store are encoded with a “M4V” file format. Many folks take it for granted that they have the full access and control of the things they purchased, but things turn to be different when it comes to getting movies purchased from iTunes store to an Android-based Tablet. It’s all about the copyright of iTunes M4V files may be protected by using Apple’s FairPlay DRM copyright protection.
DRM can not stop users putting iTunes movie to an Android device, but it stops an Android tablet and smartphones playing iTunes movies- that’s why you get gray screen when trying to play an iTunes movie on Android tab like the Nook HD, Samsung Galaxy Tab 3, Kindle Fire HD, Asus Transformer Prime, Motorola Xoom, Toshiba Thrive.
iTunes movie sounds like a “forbbiden fruit” for Android Tablet. It’s your movie, you bought it, and you should be able to watch it how you want to watch, when you want to watch it. For internal solutions, we’ll need to get some help from the third-party software which owns the capability of getting iTunes-drmed movies ready for any Android tablet playback.
Hot Search: Best Flash Player for iPhone|Top Free iPhone Video/Audio Converter|Sync Video from PC to iPhone|Play iPhone Video on TV
I mean to have the full access and control of your purchased iTunes videos, movies, and TV shows, you need professional DRM removal tool that convert iTunes DRM-protected contents to DRM-free videos. There are many programs out there that allow you to make free the iTunes m4v movies out of DRM restriction and let you watch them on the Android Tablet like Acer A500, Sony Tablet S, Lenovo Tablet the way you want.
A recommended one here is ChewTune – a iTunes to Android Converter. Specially designed for iTunes video zealots who use Mac OS, the application is an easy-to-use yet powerful DRM remover and converter tool which can help you strip DRM from iTunes m4v movies and change the file extension from “.m4v” to something like “.mp4″ Android Tablet can recognize and play. This ideal program adopts advanced audio and video encoding technology, which will never bring you troubles of audio and video out of sync issues and it supports conversion to many popular device formats. The most important piece of the equation is that the playback of the converted videos is as decent as original. The Mac version is iTunes to Android Converter for Mac.
Below is DRM removal process from iTunes movies, you can take it as reference.
Top 5 DRM Removal Software - Choose Best DRM Removal/Video Recorder
Get rid of DRM from iTunes movies and switch the “M4V” to “MP4″ for playback with Android Tablet
Step 1. Load .m4v videos.
Run this Pavtube Chewtune as a top DRM Removal Software and DRM Video Recorder, and add videos. Drag and drop your videos to it directly, or you can click icon to import them as below.
Step 2. Choose format.
Click the drop-down-list besides "Format" and choose "Common Video> H.264 Video(*.mp4)" as the most compatible format with Android OS Tablets & Phones.
Step 3. Change video specs.
Click "Settings" to enter Profile Settings window, you can find settings for video size, codec, bitrate and frame rate. For Moto X, you are suggested to set the Size to 1280*720; and bitrate will be fine from 1500 to 2500k.
Step 4. Start iTunes M4V to Android recorder.
Now click the "Convert" icon to start removing DRM from iTune M4V videos and recording iTunes videos to Android OS Tablets & Phones for playing; this DRM Video Recorder will activate your iTunes automatically and start to play this video. The player windows cannot be removed or closed.
In the meanwhile, it will start to record this video in MP4 real-time. The conversion time is equal to the video length itself; you can do other tasks during the converting the process.
Note: The system volume could turn off temporally during this period; no worries, do not touch it to get perfect DRM removed video.
After the conversion, click "Open output folder" to quick locate the converted video.
1. The DRM removing process may mislead your anti-virus software to falsely report virus/worm. Please ignore the report to keep on ripping.
2. This product cannot convert unplayable video (damaged, unauthorized, etc).
How to transfer the converted iTunes M4V video to Android OS Tablets & Phones?
1. Connect your device to the USB port on your computer. Its USB storage is mounted as a drive and appears on your computer screen.
2. Copy files back and forth as you would using any other external device.
3. When you finish, eject the device from within Windows before unplugging the USB cable.
Mac OS transfer
1. Install Android File Transfer from www.android.com/filetransfer, and follow the instructions there. (If you are using Android File Transfer for the first time, double-click it to open it. After the first connection, it opens automatically whenever you connect.)
2. Connect your device to your computer with a USB cable. Android File Transfer starts, if it's not already running, and opens a window that displays the contents of your device, along with storage space details at the bottom of the window.
3. Work with this window much as you do in the Finder window: open and close folders, create new folders, and drag files to or from it and other Finder windows.
4. Disconnect the USB cable when you finish.
Related settings: To change your device's USB connection options, touch Settings > Device > Storage > Menu > USB computer connection.
Good news for you: To save your money, Pavtube Special Offer offers various product bundles, save up o $35, such as:
Blu-ray Video Converter Ultimate($65) + DVD Creator($35) = Only 65$, Save $35
ChewTune ($29) + Blu-ray Video Converter Ultimate($65) = Only $75, Save $19
ChewTune for Mac($29) + iMedia Converter for Mac($65) = Only $75, Save $19
ChewTune($29) + ByteCopy($42) = Only $54, Save $17
ChewTune for Mac($29) + ByteCopy for Mac($42) = Only $54, Save $17
- How to Play Blu-ray/DVD Disc Movies on Surface Pro 4 Windows Mac?
- Play AVI (DivX, XviD) Video Files on Surface Pro 3, Pro 2 and Pro
- Transfer video, music, photo files to Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2
- Put/Move/Transfer Blu-ray and DVD ISO/IFO image files to Surface 2 or Surface Pro 2
- How to Enjoy and Play Blu-ray/DVD on Nexus 5X/6P
- Google Pixel C Supported File Formats and Transfer Video Audio to Pixel C
- Put MKV/AVI/VOB/ISO/Tivo/H.265 on Sony Xperia Z6
- How to Transfer Music, Video to Kindle Fire Tablet?
- Transfer 1080p videos and movies to Sony Xperia Tablet S
- How to transfer movie from Digital Copy to Google Nexus 10 tablet?