Have you ever wanted to watch a Blu-ray movie on your iOS device like iPad, iPhone, iPod, but not want to lose any video quality and subtitles? This article mainly introduces the
solution to backup Blu-rays to idevice with forced subtitle on Mac.
Blu-ray Disc is fragile and any scratch may lead to the impossibility of playback. Most people suffer the pain of destroying your favorite movie by scratching the disc. You may just want to backup your favourite Blu-ray movies to iOS devices (iPad, iPhone, iPod) and look for the best way to encode your movies without quality loss.
While Apple doesn’t really provide any easy way for you to do this, with this simple tutorial (and an extra app), you’ll be able to freely view your Blu-ray on any iOS device. In addition, as some Blu-ray movies will have forced subtitles for the foreign language that is hard to read. For some Japanese dialogues in an English film are hard to read since you are not Japanese. In this case, to keep forced subtitles in Blu-ray is necessary for full enjoyment.
Keep reading and follow these instructions to rip your favorite Blu-ray movies with forced subtitle on Mac for enjoying on the go!
To play Blu-ray on iOS devices with forced subtitle, what you need is a professional Blu-ray to iOS Converter for Mac that can help you to remove the protection of Blu-ray and then convert to iDevice supported videos formats like MP4, MOV etc with outstanding video quality. What’s more, you can preserve forced subtitles in output videos.
Download Pavtube BDMagic for Mac and install it. It is the ideal software to you. It will help to rip and convert Blu-ray to a mass of videos formats with fast speed and high video quality. Moreover, you can choose the desired subtitle for output and select forced subtitles for some foreign languages.
Read on the detailed guides below:
Rip Blu-ray to iOS Device with forced subtitles on Mac
Note: Put Blu-ray onto Blu-ray drive before ripping Blu-rays.
Step 1. Run the software and load Blu-ray.
Click "Load file" button to import Blu-ray. It will take only few seconds to rip Blu-ray. Then the software will recognize the real main title of Blu-ray and pick it automatically. You do not need to look for the main title manually.
Note: For some Disney Blu-ray movies will have the fake main title with the similar duration but wrong chapter order. Leawo Blu-ray Ripper cannot recognize it correctly.
Click the selected main title you can preview the whole Blu-ray movies on the preview window on the right, which works like a media player.
Step 2. Check forced subtitles for output.
"Forced subtitle" is optional and uncheck by default. Go to check "Forced subtitles" for output.
Take note that it will output forced subtitles only if it is checked. And you can choose the desired subtitle and audio tracks in the "Subtitle" and "Audio" drop list.
Step 3. Choose output format for iOS device.
Choose the iOS supported formats in the "Format" dropdown list. You can go to "Common Video" or "HD Video" options to find what you like. H.264 MP4 format is better for wathing. It will remain the high quality of Blu-ray and suffer less quality loss.
However, here you are recommended to choose the Apple devices like iPad, iPone, Apple TV, etc directly. It is an easy and quick way to find the compatible format for iTunes 11.
Tips: For some advances users, you can go to adjust video and audio parameters like bitrate, resolution, channels, etc. Click "Settings" button you can go to check and change them as you like.
Step 4. Convert Blu-ray to iOS devices(iPad, iPhone, iPod).
Before conversion you can go to "Browse" your computer to find the folder for output files. Then click "Convert" button to get conversion started. After a while, you can find the generated file for iOS device quickly via "Open" button.
Now open your iTunes and then import the Blu-ray to iTuneslibrary for convenient playback on iOS devices. In this way, you can watch your favorite Blu-ray with forced subtitles on your iOS devices (iPad, iPhone, iPod) wherever you are.
If you simply want to back up Blu-ray to external hard drive, here are two solutions:
1. Click the "computer" icon on the top to output 1:1 Blu-ray file exactly the same as original.
2. Select "Copy>Directly Copy" in format list to output an intact m2ts file of the main title.
3. I used another Pavtube program called ByteCopy for Mac to backup my Blu-rays without quality loss. Meanwhile, several audio tracks and subtitles are preserved so I can switch language when watching movies.
- Compress DVD movies for iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch and other iDevices
- Play DJI 4K videos to iPad series
- Different Ways to Play MP4 Video on iPad
- Best DVD to iPad Mini 2 Ripper – Convert/Rip/Copy DVD movies to iPad Mini 2
- Play DVD ISO/IFO Files on iPad Air with Multi-tracks
- How to deliver TiVo shows to Apple iOS 6 iPhone 5 for watching?
- Backup my Blu-rays to iPad 4 and external hard drive for traveling
- How to Convert (Blu-ray/DVD) ISO to iPad Supported Video Formats
- Recommended Video Formats for iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus
- Sync Lossless FLAC Audio to iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus on Mac
- Watch Blu-ray Movies on iPad Mini 4
- Rip DVD to iPad Air 2 for Playback Anytime