You might have learned that SubRip allows you to rip DVD subtitles with their timing as a text file. It converts vobsub(sub and idx) to srt text subtitles(vobsub to srt / sub to srt / subtosrt / sub2srt ) at ease. Yet the program can do more for you. In fact it is capable of converting Blu-ray .sup subtitles to .srt as well with OCR option.
- Rips DVD Subs, Image Subs, PNG Subs, and HARD-CODED SUBS!
- Learns well when training.
- Can be modified (using semi-source) by knowledgeable user to do non-Latin text.
- Hard to extend to non-latin text by average user
- OCR has difficulty reading the odd Sub file now and then. Indispensable tool for foreign language films.
- Slower than some rippers.
Compatible OS: Windows XP, 2000, Vista