This article offers a brief instruction about how to backup and rip Blu-ray to Plex Media Server for streaming and sharing.
Plex is solution for your local and online media, which seamlessly connects your Plex clients. If you've tons of Blu-ray movies and want to get these movies off of Blu-ray discs and onto Plex Media Sever for streaming with ease, you've come to the right place. This article gives you some hints on how to rip Blu-ray to Plex Media Server for widely streaming to Roku, Xbox 360, PS3, Android/iOS devices for playback anywhere. Now learn the Blu-ray to Plex Media Server brief workflow.
Pavtube BDMagic($34.3) –Download a trial from HERE (Windows 2003/XP/Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 8.1). Alternative version for Mac (Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.7 Lion, Snow Leopard10.6)
Note: A Blu-ray Disc Drive is required for Blu-ray ripping. The computer must be networked to access BD+ keys for cracking the BD copy-protections.
Hot Search: Play Any Video on WMP 12 | Open MP4 Files with QuickTime Player | Kodi Supported File Formats | Play MP4 Video in Windows Media Player
Guide- Rip a Blu-ray to Plex Media Server playable file type with Blu-ray Ripper
Step 1: Insert your Blu-ray disc into your BD drive, run the Pavtube Blu-ray Ripper and click "Load disc" icon to load movie from Blu-ray source(Disc, folder, ISO). You can also click "Add Video" to load video files like MTS/M2TS, MKV, VOB, MOV, TOD, TiVo, etc.
Step 2:Click the "Format" option, and choose HD Video > MKV HD Video(*.mkv) as output format. You can also select H.264 HD Video (*.mp4) for Plex Media Server.
If you like, you can click "Settings" to change the video encoder, resolution, frame rate, etc. as you wish. Keep in mind the file size and video quality is based more on bitrate than resolution which means bitrate higher results in big file size, and lower visible quality loss, and vice versa.
Step 3: Click the convert button under the preview window, and the Blu-ray ripper will start the conversion from Blu-ray movies to MKV for Plex Media Server.
After conversion, you can stream Blu-ray movies through Plex Media Server to HDTV or ipod touch, Samsung Galaxy S2, HTC one X+, or other DLNA-compliant devices. Now watching blu-ray movies on portable devices becomes easy and I can really lie back, relax and enjoy my favorite blu-ray movies.
- Ways of Watching 3D Movies with VLC Media Player
- Stream Local Video on Fire TV with VLC via USB drive
- How to Get AVI Files Played on VLC Media Player?
- How to Play MKV Files on VLC Smoothly?
- How to Fix VLC H.265/HEVC Playback Issues?
- Play Sony XDCAM EX MP4 Files with QuickTime Player on Mac El Capitan
- How to Fix AVI Files Not Playing with QuickTime Player 10 on Mac?
- 3 Ways to Play MKV Files with QuickTime Player on Mac
- How to Install and Run QuickTime 7 Pro on Mac OS X El Capitan?
- How to Convert Sony 4K XAVC S to MOV for QuickTime player on Mac El Capitan?
- Does QuickTime Play Blu-ray/DVD/ISO, MKV/MP4/AVI/FLV/WMV?
- 7 Essential Add-ons that you must download for Kodi Media Player
- Stream Supported and Unsupported Video from Kodi/XBMC to Chromecast
- How to Play 3D Blu-ray ISO Files on Kodi with 3D Effect?