Ever tried to move your TiVo shows to iPhone 6(Plus)? In fact, it is easy, fast and worth the effort. This tutorial mainly explains you how to put and play TiVo shows on iPhone 6/6+.
Apple amazes the iPhone buffs with a 4.7-inch 1334 x 750 (348 ppi) screen iPhone 6 and a 5.5-inch 1920x1080 (401 ppi) screen iPhone 6 Plus, indicating an irresistible trend that millions of Apple fans will jump on board the iPhone 6(Plus) bandwagon and enjoy movies on its reportedly bigger-sized display.
So why not transfer or copy your beloved TiVo recordings to iPhone 6/6+ for stunning visual feast experience on the move? If you are keen on this idea, just follow the guide below, I would like to show you how to get TiVo shows ready for iPhone 6(Plus).
As the Tivo files are saved by digital video recorders with copyright protection, to put and play Tivo videos on iPhone 6/6+, the best way is resorting to a video converter for iPhone 6(Plus) to convert video to the format that iPhone 6(Plus) recognizes beforehand.
To accomplish this, Patube Video Converter is highly recommended for its easy interface, efficient workflow and reliable video quality. It will be your best aid for Tivo to iPhone 6(Plus) conversion. Not only it can convert any video like AVCHD, MTS, FLV, WMV, MKV, Tivo to iPhone 6 Plus supported video formats like MP4, MOV, M4V, but also you can save yourself a lot of time with the preset profiles for previous generation of iPhone as you can simply choose the recommended iPhone video and audio settings from the accommodated preset profiles.
Hot Search: Best Flash Player for iPhone|Top Free iPhone Video/Audio Converter|Sync Video from PC to iPhone|Play iPhone Video on TV
For Mac users, Pavtube Video Converter for Mac is recommended to you.
Now get it installed and let’s start to quick transfer Tivo files to PC and convert them to iPhone 6(Plus) proper video formats with perfect videoaudio sync technology.
Part 1: Transfer TV shows from TiVo to PC
It takes a while depending on length of TV program you are transferring. Make sure your TiVo and computer are in the same home network, and follow this guide to proceed TiVo file transfer:
1. On your PC, launch TiVo Desktop for PC (click to download), the freeware that transfers shows from your networked TiVo box to your computer.
2. Click “Pick Recordings to Transfer.” A window showing your TiVo box’s “Now Playing” or “My Shows” list appears.
3. Highlight any title in the list to see more information about the show. Check the box next to the title of the show (or shows) you want to transfer.
4. Click “Start Transfer.” Transfer times vary, but may take as long as the show’s duration to complete the transfer.
Part 2: Convert TiVo shows to iPhone 6(Plus) friendly MP4 video
After transferring to computer the TV shows are saved as .tivo files. See below how to convert TiVo shows to iPhone 6/6+ playable videos.
Step 1. Download and install Pavtube Tivo to iPhone 6(Plus) Converter to your PC.
Launch it and press “Option” button. Switch to “TiVo” tab in Option window, and enter TiVo Media Access Key.
Tip: How to find your Media Access Key on TiVo: Go to “TiVo Central” menu >> “Messages and Set Up” “Account and System Information”, and your Media Access Key would be there.
Step 2. Drag and drop TiVo shows to the main interface for converting.
Step 3. Click “Format” and select an output profile for your iPhone 6 Plus.
Click the drop-down list on the bottom, select “iPhone > iPhone 6 Plus H.264 Full Screen/Full HD 1080P(*.mp4)” which works well for iPhone 6+ or chosse "iPhone > iPhone 6 H.264 Full HD 1080P(*.mp4)" for iPhone 6.
Optimize the settings– The default settings may not satisfy you, and you can click the settings button to change the settings by yourself. Keep in mind that the file size and conversion quality is based more on bitrate than resolution (bitrate higher results in big file size, and lower visible quality loss, and vice versa).
Step 4. If you’re happy with the output videos, just press the “Convert” button to begin encoding TiVo shows to MP4 for iPhone 6/6+.
Once the encoding task completes, you can transfer the converted videos to your iPhone 6(Plus) for viewing on the move when travelling.
- Compress DVD movies for iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch and other iDevices
- Play DJI 4K videos to iPad series
- Different Ways to Play MP4 Video on iPad
- Best DVD to iPad Mini 2 Ripper – Convert/Rip/Copy DVD movies to iPad Mini 2
- Play DVD ISO/IFO Files on iPad Air with Multi-tracks
- How to deliver TiVo shows to Apple iOS 6 iPhone 5 for watching?
- Backup my Blu-rays to iPad 4 and external hard drive for traveling
- How to Convert (Blu-ray/DVD) ISO to iPad Supported Video Formats
- Recommended Video Formats for iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus
- Sync Lossless FLAC Audio to iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus on Mac
- Watch Blu-ray Movies on iPad Mini 4
- Rip DVD to iPad Air 2 for Playback Anytime