Have problem with importing MPG to iMovie? If you temporarily have no idea about what to do, take the MPG/MPEG to iMovie Mac conversion into consideration.
It's joyful to editing your MPG videos from your camera with iMovie on Mac Mavericks/Yosemite. However, the MPEG standard files may use different codes and cause failure in importing to iMovie.
If you comes across this situation, the best solution is to get aids from MPG/MPEG to iMovie converter for Mac, which can help you to convert MPEG group files to iMovie compatible video format
and then files can be easily imported for editing job. And here you would find a step by step guide of the MPG/MPEG to iMovie on Mac conversion on Mavericks/Yosemite.
To do such a MPEG to iMovie Mac task, you'd better install a professional Video Converter for Mac to preserve your video quality. Here Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac is highly recommended. It's a professional and powerful high-quality Mac
video converter and editor. Just can do what it does what I need it to do.
With it, you can effortlessly transcode MPG/MPEG files to AIC encoded MOV for iMovie on Mac Mavericks/Yosemite. Meanwhile, the Mac Video Conversion tool can aslo convert your mpg recordings to be compatible with various non-linear editing systems like Avid, iMovie, FCP X, and Adobe Premiere (Pro) etc. A powerful hd video converting program with a reasonable price. The conversion is darn easy to be finished with only three clicks without loss of video quality.
Hot Search: Transfer DJI Phantom Footage to Computer|Solve iMovie No Sound Problem|Play DJI Phantom 4 4K videos|File Formats for WMM
Just download it and follow the tutorials below to transfer and import MPG/MPEG footage to for smoothly editing in iMovie on Mac Mavericks/Yosemite.
How to Convert MPG/MPEG to iMovie for Mac Mavericks/Yosemite
Step 1. Download, install and run the Mac MPG/MPEG to AIC Converter, click "Add" or "Add From Folder" to load your MPG/MPEG footage.
Step 2. Click the Format bar, and move mouse cursor to "iMovie and Final Cut Express > Apple InterMediate Codec(*.mov) as natively supported format for iMovie on Mac Mavericks/Yosemite.
Some more helpful features of the app:
1. Settings- click to set video resolution(1920×1080/1440×1080/1280×720/720×480), bitrate(from 1Mbps to 20Mbps), frame rate (24p/30p)
2. Editor (next to "Add" icon)- click to set deinterlace, denoise, mute, volume up, trim, crop, etc.
Step 3. Click "Convert" button to start MPG/MPEG to AIC MOV conversion.
As soon as the encoding process finished, you can get the final output aic .mov files via clicking "Open" button effortlessly. The transcoded files now are ready for importing and editing in iMovie on Mac Mavericks/Yosemite.
If you want to edit GoPro video in Final Cut Pro X or FCP 7/6, you just need to choose the "Final Cut Pro > Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov)" as output format in the second step; For Avid Media Composer, choose "Avid Media Composer > Avid DNxHD(*.mov)" as output; For Adobe Premiere Pro, choose Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas> MPEG-2(*.mpg) as output.
- How to Export iMovie Project Files to AVI/WMV/MP4/MOV?
- Best Way to Import Blu-ray to iMovie for Editing with Best Quality
- Import Homemade or Commercial DVD to iMovie on Mac El Capitan
- How to Import and Edit 4K Video with iMovie on Mac OS X El Capitan?
- How to Get iMovie to Work with Canon PowerShot G5X/G9X MP4 on Mac El Capitan?
- Import DivX to iMovie (iMovie 11 Included)
- Convert Video_TS folder to Edit in iMovie
- How to Convert ASF to iMovie (iMovie 11 Included) on Mac?
- Import DJI Mavic Pro 4K video to iMovie for Editing
- Superior iMovie Alternatives for Mac (MacOS Sierra)