This following will introduce a step by step guide on
how to convert and play DVD on TV via HDMS using a WDTV-live box.
I have some DVD movies for Christmas from a friend that are backed up and stored on my NAS-box/external hard disk and I need to rip them for playback on WDTV-live box hooked to tv via HDMS without a DVD player. I like the convenience of making my hundreds of movies accessible from WDTV-live box.
At first, you need a third-party converter to convert DVD to WDTV-live box supported file. Here recommend the Pavtube DVDAid, as a DVD to WDTV-live converter. (Here are more options for you) It could not only rip DVD to mkv Matroska/mp4 format for storage on WDTV-live box with fast ripping speed and excellent output video quality, but also offers you some video editing features like trimming, cropping, rotating, adjusting video effects, etc. to customize your videos. If you are using a Mac, please turn to the equivalent Mac version.
Step 1: Load DVD movies
Install and launch DVD Ripper for WDTV-Live, and then click the disc icon to import your source movies to this program. Set your wanted subtitles and audio track from the drop-down box of "Subtitles" and "Audio" tab.
Step 2: Select WDTV-live box compatible formats as output profile
Click the "Profile" frame to select output profile for your WDTV-live box, say "H.264 HD Video(*.mp4)" or "MKV HD Video(*.mkv)" from "HD Video".
Step 3: Start to convert DVD to WDTV-live box videos
Click the bottom-right "Convert" button to start to convert DVD to WDTV-live video files. This would take you some time and you just need to wait for the conversion completed.
After the process completes, transfer converted DVD files to your WDTV-live box and you can copy them to TV for playback via HDMS. (Learn tips for connecting WD TV Media Player to Home Theater System) Now enjoy your converted DVD movies!
- How to Stream ISO Images to Apple TV 4 on Mac?
- Stream Supported and Unsupported Video from Kodi/XBMC to Chromecast
- How to Play H.265 MP4 Encoded 1080p Movies on WDTV?
- WD TV Won’t Play All MP4 Files, Solved!
- Convert and Compress 4K Video for WD TV Playback
- Amazon Fire TV Supported File Formats, Stream Local Video to Amazon Fire TV
- How to Cast 4K Video to 4K TV via Chromecast with Best Quality?
- The best settings for Apple TV 2 –play Blu-ray/DVD/video
- How to Play DVD with Apple TV 4?
- Shrink Blu-ray to Apple TV with Dolby Digital 5.1
- Best Way to Stream AC3 via Chromecast to TV
- Stream 4K Blu-ray to Samsung UHD Blu-ray Player via Plex