Have you ever run into a situation where you can’t edit DVDs in Avid Media Composer. Fortunately,
there is an easy way to fix this issue and you can import them for smooth editing.
My name is Steven Landau, and I'm writing from The School of Visual Arts. We utilize Pavtube for ripping DVDs to compile Alumni and Guest Speaker montages. I met problems: Is there any way help me import footage on a DVD to Avid Media Composer for editing? I couldn’t edit my DVD collections.
I searched the DVD to Avid Media Composer on Google, and found the other users are also facing the importing problems. Well, I’ve found out the solution yet to fix the DVD to Avid Media Composer issues.
In fact, Avid MC does not support handling DVD project. To add DVD movies to Avid Media Composer, you'll need to convert DVD files to Avid compatible video format first. In this article, you will learn how to easily rip and import DVD to Avid MC. To get the work done, you can take Pavtube BDMagic for Mac, which is one of the best Mac DVD to DNxHD converter tool for you. Read the review. For Windows users, please get Pavtube BDMagic. Just download it and follow the tutorial below to convert DVD/Blu-ray to Avid Media Composer on Mac (Mavericks).
Hot Search: Work Blu-ray with Avid|Best Settings for Editing 4K with Avid|Edit MP4 Files with Avid||Avid Supported File Formats
Convert DVD files to DNxHD format for Avid MC editing
Step 1. Load DVD movies
After downloading, install and run the program. As you can see, you can add the DVD movies you want to rip by clicking the "DVD disc" button on the main interface.
Step 2. Select output format
Click on "Format", and select output format from the drop-down list. Follow "Avid Media Composer" > Avid DHxHD (*.mov)". as the Avid Media Composer supported format. If the default settings do not fit your needs, you can click "Settings" button to adjust audio and video parameters as you like.
Step 3. Start converting DVD to Avid DNxHD
Click "Convert" button and the DVD files will be converted to DNxHD MOV immediately. Soon after the conversion, just click "Open" button to get the generated files for editing in Avid Media Composer perfectly.
As we mentioned above, this versatile DVD to Avid Media Composer Converter is not only professionalized in ripping DVD to Avid, but also can aid you to convert DVD to FCP, iMovie, FCE, Premiere Pro and more NLEs. If you want to edit DVD clips in Final Cut Pro, you just need to choose the "Final Cut Pro > Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov)" as output format in the second step; For iMovie, choose "iMovie -> Apple InterMediate Codec (AIC) (*.mov)" as output; For Adobe Premiere Pro, choose Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas> MPEG-2(*.mpg) as output.
- Import DJI Phantom 4 4K Video to Avid Media Composer for Editing on Mac
- How to Import Avid MXF to FCP 7/X for Editing with Best Workflow?
- Best Way to Work Sony XDCAM EX MP4 with Avid Media Composer
- Transcode MP4/MOV to Native-Formats DNxHD for Avid Media Composer
- Import Sony XDCAM/Canon XF/Panasonic P2 MXF to Avid Media Composer
- Workflow of GoPro Hero 4K with Avid Media Composer
- How to Import and Edit Sony XAVC S to Avid Media Composer on Mac?
- How to Transcode QuickTime MOV to Avid Media Composer DNxHD on Mac
- Import Samsung NX500 H.265 to Avid Media Composer 8/7/6.5/6 on Mac OS X
- Edit Samsung NX1 with Avid Media Composer on Mac Yosemite/Mavericks
- Converting FCP ProRes to DNxHD MOV for Avid Media Composer