Learn about solving problems with Windows Media Center TV recording Playable on iTunes, get the step by
step guide to convert WMC TV recording(DVR-MS/WTV) to iTunes.
Hot Search: Personal Video to iTunes | H.265 Video to iTunes | iTunes Videos to Facebook | iTunes to Samsung Z1 Tizen |
Do you record favorite television shows, movies or sporting events with Windows Media Center and want to watch them on the cool retain display Apple TV, iTunes, iPhone, iPod, iPad during meeting break or class break or at any time you want? Desired to get the solution to convert WTV files WTV files to MP4, MKV, MPEG, AVI, WMV, FLV, VOB, MP3 and more popular video or audio formats on Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP/Vista or Mac OS X? Consider it done, you're in the right place. The following will introduce a powerful WTV Converter and a step by step guide on how to convert WTV to iTunes.
As you know TV shows recorded with windows media center are encoded in WTV (DVR-MS on windows vista) proprietary file format, which is incompatible with iTunes; therefore, if you want to add WTV/DVR-MS files to iTunes, there’s a bit of work to be done- These files needs to be converted to a iTunes friendly file format, .mov, .mp4, or .m4v. And as far as I know, MP4 is one of the formats that has native support from iTunes, for it’s a nice video compressing method to keep the file size reasonably small while not losing much quality.
Do not worry. All the above issues can be easily solved here. As a powerful and professional WTV Converter -Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate, this wonderful WTV to iTunes Converter as an alternative toMPEG Streamclip. With it, you can easily convert WTV to iTunes friendly format in right specs with high output quality and fast conversion speed.
In additions, it can also convert WTV videos to common video and audio formats like convert WTV to MP4, convert WTV to MKV, convert WTV to MPEG, convert WTV to WMV, convert WTV to AVI, convert WTV to MP3, convert WTV to VOB, convert WTV to FLV, convert WTV to ASF, DivX, Xvid, SWF, WTV, Apple ProRes, AAC, AC3, ALAC, WAV, FLAC, WMA, AIFF and more.
- As a video extractor: extract audios from various of video such as MP4, AVI, WMV, MKV, VOB, MOV, MPEG, etc;
- As a audio converter: convert among all kinds of audio formats such as MP3, FLAC, AIFF, WMA, AC3, AU, MP2, OGG, M4A, etc;
- As a video editor: cut, adjust volume/bitrate/sample rate of audio, merge files into one, split files, etc;
- As a video player: support previewing nearly all video formats;
Steps to Convert DVR-MS/WTV files to iTunes(iTunes 12) in Suitable Formats
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/blu-ray-video-converter-ultimate/
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Ultimate/3000-2194_4-75938564.html
The tutorial will take the Windows version of DVR-MS/WTV converter and its screenshots to demonstrate how to convert WTV/DVR-MS file to play with iTunes. For Mac OS X El Capitan users, the steps are almost the same. Just make sure you've got a right version.
Step 1. Just install the program, then head to the folder where the WTV files are stored. Add the files to WTV converter. Batch conversion is supported, you can import more than one file at one time to ease your conversion and save time.
Step 2. Click Format bar to open the output format window. In the "Common Video" category, you'll find iTunes supported MP4 Video format, just choose it as the output format.
Note: Before start the conversion from WTV to iTunes supported formats, you can edit WTV first.
- Click "Trim" button to set the "Start Time" and "End Time" in order to keep the segments you want and remove the ones unwanted;
- Click "Setting..." button and a window will pop up. Then press "Advanced" button to adjust the volume/bitrate/sample rate and change the channel/audio codec, etc;
- Click "Split selected task" option to cut files apart or "Merge into one file" to join several files.
Step 3. Once you have all the right settings, you would click the Convert button to complete the WTV to iTunes MP4 conversion process. After conversion, click Open to find the output audio files. Now it would be easy to transfer the converted MP4 files into your iTunes library and even sync to Apple devices.
Additional Tips: For new iTunes 12, there's little difference with the previous version. You can learn how to add audio files to iTunes 12 in detail.
1. Start iTunes 12.
2. Click File > Add File to Library.
3. Click View and select Music, then your music library will be presented.
4.Click Songs and now you can find your transferred MP3 audio. In this interface, you can also directly drag and drop local audio files.
Now, you can enjoy Windows Media Center TV recording files to iPhone, iPad, iPod and Apple TV via iTunes without any hassle.