Have bundles of DVDs and want to upload them to Seagate Central NAS for streaming anywhere? Here you will
find the way to achieve your goal effortlessly.
Need copy all your DVD movies to one large storage device that can stream the DVD movie files to your game consoles, media players, Smart TVs, and portable devices?One of the best tools to accomplish this is a network-attached storage device such as Seagate Central 3TB Personal Cloud Storage. With it, you can easily manage your DVD digital library with the Seagate Central. Then you can access your own personal cloud using the free Seagate Media app on any devices. All you need is an Internet-connected device to browse and seamlessly enjoy your DVD content stored on Seagate Central.
Hot Search: Blu-ray to PS3, DVD to Seagate Wireless Plus, DVD to QNAP TS-469L NAS, DVD to Synology DS414...
But as we know, DVD movies are all protected, you will need third party software to remove the protection and rip DVD to the format you need. DVD ripper is the software that you need, only with DVD ripper program can you get DVD ripped to common videos for playing, or rip DVD to FCP X or other editing programs for editing.
Solution: Rip the DVD, and produce the media file(s) you need. This seems to involve ripping the DVD by DVD ripping software, and then converting to the desired format.
Software you need: Pavtub DVDAid for Windows or Mac
This DVD ripping tool can rip any encrypted DVD and convert DVD to Seagate Central NAS readable MP4, MOV etc. formats as well as other popular formats, like rip DVD to AVI, MKV, M3U8, H.265, WMV, MPG, FLV, SWF, M4V, etc. on Windows (including Windows 10, 8.1 and 8). For the video size limit of Seagate Central NAS, the built-in editor also allows you to extract DVD clips with the very part you want. Or, you can just choose to rip certain chapters of a DVD as you like.
Note: If you are a Mac user, please turn to DVDAid for Mac, support Mac OS X El Capitan, Yosemite 10.10, 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.7 Lion, Snow Leopard10.6, Leopard 10.5. Now download the right version of the program and follow the guide below.
Free Download Top DVD Ripper for Seagate Central NAS:
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/dvd_ripper/
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-DVDAid/3000-7970_4-76158510.html
How to rip DVD to Seagate Central NAS in readable video format for uploading?
Step 1. Load DVD movies
Insert the DVD disc into your computer’s DVD drive and run DVD Ripper. You can click the "Load DVD" button to load the DVD files to the program. DVD ISO/IFO, VIDEO_TS folder are supported also.
Step 2. Specify output format
As has been stated above, Seagate Central NAS supports MP4, etc video files. So you can just select "Common Video" > "H.264 Video(*.mp4)" as the output video format. Also you can transfer your DVD to media hub, Cloud Storage and External Hard Drive/Thumb Drive for storage and playback.
Step 3. Trim/Edit DVD files
A: Just click "Edit" to trim the DVD videos to get the very part you want. Besides trimming, cropping, adding watermark, adjusting special effect, are well supported as well.
B: If the quantity of DVDs to be saved is large, try to choose the output format with comparatively low quality (for small output size), and oppositely, choose the high quality. You can also adjust the output resolution by clicking the “Settings” button. 720p or 1080p is all up to your choice.
C: You can browse to choose any location on your computer disk as the destination to save the output movie files.
Step 4. Start converting DVD to Seagate Central NAS
When all these settings are ready, you can click the "Convert" button to begin the DVD to Seagate Central NAS conversion. When the ripping is done, you can click on "Open" button to locate the ripped videos.
Tips: You can learn other tips about >> how to Compress your video files to save space on Dropbox.
How to Move DVD movies to Seagate Central 3TB Personal Cloud Storage on computer?
1. Set up your Seagate Central by opening the Public folder and clicking on the “Manage the Seagate Central” link.
2. Before you decide to transfer a large amount of files to your Seagate Central, Seagate recommends you make sure you have the most up-to-date firmware. See the instructions at the end of this article on how to check and update firmware.
3. Open the Start menu, then open (My) Computer or Windows/File Explorer.
4. In the left sidebar, click on the triangle icon next to Network to expand the menu:
5. Find the Seagate Central and click on it and the Seagate Central will appear with the hostname. Example: Seagate-123456. The Public folder will appear. You may also see folders with titles that correspond with your username and other users you have set up. If you plan to view your content outside of your home using the Seagate Media app, this content must be placed in the Public folder.
6. Open another Windows/File Explorer or (My) Computer window and navigate to the files you would like to add to your Seagate Central.
7. Select the content you would like to copy and drag and drop the content to the folder of your choice. The private folder”s title is your username. That folder will always require a login and should be used to store files you don’t want readily available on your local network. You can add files to this folder by double-clicking on the folder and providing your credentials. Once you’re logged in, you can manually transfer files to that folder. (Learn more at seagate.com)
That's the process of copying DVDs to Seagate Central NAS, really simple, right? Now, you can stream the stored DVD movies in Seagate Central 3TB Personal Cloud Storage to your PS4, PS3, Xbox, WD TV Live, Roku 3, Portable devices, etc. for seamlessly enjoying!