Outline: Learn the guide on how to watch Netflix movies on the News Apple TV (Apple TV 4)
online via Nexflix app or offiline via Netflix Movie converter. Read here.
Q: Is anyone else frustrated by Netflix on the new Apple TV? Where do I find genres/menu that gives me options. Why take up half the screen with the highlighted selection? It is beyond frustrating to use. Trying Siri within Netflix and it tries to link me to itunes movies. UGH! - From reddit.com
After you got the new Apple TV, you may even prefer the great experience to watch Netflix movies & TV shows right on your large screen TV via the new Apple TV (Apple TV 4). Let's check out the detailed solutions of watching Netflix movies on Apple TV 4.
Solution 1: Download free Netflix app to watch Netflix
The Apple TV 4 offers one of the better Netflix interfaces available on a set top box. It's also great for Netflix fans because of the robust browsing options it offers. You can easily view top actors or the director who made a certain movie, allowing you to quickly determine what other films or TV shows the person was involved with. Some users also feel that the Apple TV 4 interface for Netflix offers superior recommendation options compared to other interfaces on different set top boxes. In addition to its great Netflix interface, the Apple TV 4 is appealing because of its AirPlay streaming capabilities, built-in rental options for new releases, and wide array of channels.
The first option is to download the free Netflix app to directly watch thousands of TV episodes or movies on Netfiles on both iDevices and Apple TV 4. The operation is quite simple as below:
1. As Netflix app is available to download from the official App Store for free. You can simply click “Install” to install the application onto your Apple TV 4;
2. In order to watch Netflix movies without limitation, you are required to join Netflix by subscribing;
3. Log in with your valid Netflix account and start streaming movies;
4. Search the target movie, football game or TV show. Click on your ideal movie and rent or watch Netflix on your Apple TV 4. And if you wanna connect your Mac, iPhone, iPod or iPad to the Apple TV for watching the downloaded Netflix from iDevice or Mac to Apple TV, you can use AirPlay.
Solution 2: Use AirPlay to Enjoy Netflix on Apple TV
AirPlay is developed by Apple Inc., which allows you to wirelessly stream video, audio, photo and more media content from your iOS devices or Mac to Apple TV. If your Netflix movies and TV shows etc are already downloaded on your Mac, iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, the best choice for you is to use AirPlay to play Netflix on Apple TV 4. And also, the Apple TV 1 hasn't the function. For Apple TV 1 owners, the solution 3 is the only solution.
Solution 3: Watch downloaded Netflix videos on Apple TV 4
If the methods above are both unavailable for your Apple TV 4 or your Apple TV is the first generation, the only way you can use to play Netflix on Apple TV is just downloading and converting Netflix to Apple TV 4 supported formats. The tool strongly recommended is Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac, With it, you can fast encode Netflix movies in various formats and even provides optimized presets for popular Apple TV 3, Apple TV 2, Apple TV, iPad, iPhone, Android, etc.
Hot Search: Stream 3D Movies to Apple TV 4|Playable File Format for Apple TV|Roku Supported File Formats|Play MP4 Video on Roku
If you've downloaded Netflix on your Mac or iOS devices, you can also use it to convert the downloaded videos toApple TV 4 compatible video formats. Once the Netflix videos are converted to the compatible video format, just transfer them to Apple TV via iTunes. That's all. Now, you can enjoy yourself on the big screen.
Free Download and trail:
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/imedia-converter-mac/
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-iMedia-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177788.html
Guide: Convert Netflix movies to Apple TV 4 on Mac OS X El Capitan
Step 1: Install and run the best Apple TV 4 Video Converter for Mac, then run it. Tap the “Add video” button to import your Netflix video files to the Mac app. You can also load Internet torrents movies to Apple TV4.
Tip: Merge several video clips into a large new file via ticking the “Merge into one file” box.
Step 2: Click on Format > Apple TV > Apple TV 3 Dolby Digital Pass-through (*.m4v) to export a Apple TV 3 1080p video with ac3 5.1 pass-through for AV receiver decoding which is also fit for Apple TV 4.
Note: By choosing this format, you will get two sound tracks in the result M4V video, one is stereo, and the other is AC3 encoded Dolby Digital 5.1 pass-through. When your Apple TV 4 is connected to audio receiver, the 5.1 surround sound will work. When ATV4 is connected to your HDTV only, the stereo track will work. Learn>> how to set up Apple TV 4.
Step 3: Click “Start conversion” to start the Netflix to Apple TV 4 conversion on Mac OS X. When the conversion ends, you can add converted files to iTunes and stream converted m4v video files to the new Apple TV (Apple TV 4) for playback at ease.
Tips: How to set up Apple TV (4rd gen) and connect your Apple TV to your Netflix account
Connect your Apple TV to your television and power. Wait until your Apple TV shows the set up screen.
- Unlock your iOS device and make sure that Bluetooth is turned on. Ensure that you're connected to the WiFi network that you would like to use with your Apple TV.
- Wait for the prompts to appear on your iOS device and Apple TV.
- Log in with your Apple ID details.
- The configuration will start automatically.
- Once ready, you can start using your Apple TV!
Once you've setup your Apple TV it's just a case of navigating to Netflix from the Apple TV
home screen. If you already have a Netflix membership, you can sign in with your Netflix email and password. Once you sign in, you're connected to Netflix and you can start watching Netflix on
your Apple TV.
If you're not a member, you must join Netflix before you can start watching TV and movies on your Apple TV. You can join online. There are three plans to choose from, a basic, standard and premium membership. Prices start from $8.99 per month.
- How do I play DVDs through Apple TV on my HD TV via Mac?
- Play Internet torrents movies on Apple TV
- Tips and Guide for HD Video Streaming with Apple TV
- Stream Music, Video and Movies from iTunes library to Apple TV 4
- Plex on Roku and Rip Blu-rays/DVDs to Plex Media Server
- Roku 3 and NAS: No Sound when Play Ripped Blu-ray DVD from NAS
- My Ideal ISO Streamer: Roku 3 + Plex - Does This Exist?
- How to Watch YouTube Videos on Roku?
- How to rip DVD to Apple TV with proper settings on Mac
- Optimal Video Encoding Settings for Apple TV