Summary: This article offers a brief instruction about how to get Oscars 1080p/720p
MKV files to Plex Media Server for streaming to Roku 4, Xbox One, PS4, Android/iOS devices.
Searched widely and I got some tech support for getting MKV movie into Plex Media Server for streaming and playing correctly:
1. Find a good MKV file converter
2. Convert 1080p/720p MKV to Plex friendly format
3.Transfer encoded MKV videos to Plex Media Server
An fix to play 2016 Oscars MKV Movies via Plex without the issue? Searching from Google and got some recommended solutions.
Possible Ways to enable Plex read 2016 Oscars MKV files:
Solution 1: Make sure the whole file names were being recognized by Plex. For example, if all of my mkv videos are all Sports videos so the names, there were kind of random. To solve it, you can set ‘Scanner’ as ‘Personal Video Files Scanner’ and ‘Agent’ as ‘Personal Media’. Plex picks up pretty much any file with that setting.
Hot Search: Play Any Video on WMP 12 | Open MP4 Files with QuickTime Player | Kodi Supported File Formats | Play MP4 Video in Windows Media Player
Cons: I found it’s stuttering on large MKV files Plex.
Solution 2: Download Handbrake and use the default setting in it to convert MKV files to MP4 for streaming to Plex.
Cons: Some guys reflect Handbrake is spamware. Just downloaded it and had to do two malware cleans to get rid of all the shit it put on the computer.
Solution 3: In order to stream MKV files via Plex Media Server without problems, the easy option is to convert MKV to Plex compatible video files. Along with some help from third party program like Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate, it can be done effortlessly. Here is review.
This video app is professional on fast encoding MKV to Plex Media Server with MP4 format (the most compatible video format for Plex) without quality loss. In addition, it not only supports MKV videos, but also handles various common video formats, like VOB, AVI, MOV, TiVo recordings, MPG, WMV .etc. Its Mac verison Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac(including El Capitan), so you can convert MKV to Plex Media server on mac OS X El Capitan without any issue.
Free download and install
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/blu-ray-video-converter-ultimate/
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Ultimate/3000-2194_4-75938564.html
How to convert MKV to Plex Media Server with just 3 clicks?
Step 1: Add MKV file
Click “File” to load your MKV file to this app. It supports batch conversion so you can add more one file at a time. And you can choose your wanted subtitle and audio in the chapter list.
Step 2: Choose target format
Press “Format” icon. In the drop-down list, you can see many profiles. Find your target format in “HD Video” or “Common Video”. I suggest MP4 format so you can choose HD MP4 or “H.264 High profile MP4”.
Tip: If you are not sure the output video parameters, you can click “Settings”. Reset the audio codec to AAC and video bitrate to 20Mbps or lower. You can preview the video size and parameters at the below chart.
Step 3: Start to convert MKV to Plex
Simply hit “Convert” at the bottom right corner to start to convert MKV to MP4 for Plex. Once the conversion ends, open the output folder to locate the video.
Plex enables you to share movies on TV, PS4, Xbox One, Android, iOS, and other DLNA-certified devices locally via home network connection, or remotely, as long as you have a Internet connection. So now, you can play this MKV file via Plex on your various multimedia players.
Now, Just pickup one of the way that you can enable Plex read MKV files, so that you can play MKV files via Plex without issue.
- Ways of Watching 3D Movies with VLC Media Player
- Stream Local Video on Fire TV with VLC via USB drive
- How to Get AVI Files Played on VLC Media Player?
- How to Play MKV Files on VLC Smoothly?
- How to Fix VLC H.265/HEVC Playback Issues?
- Play Sony XDCAM EX MP4 Files with QuickTime Player on Mac El Capitan
- How to Fix AVI Files Not Playing with QuickTime Player 10 on Mac?
- 3 Ways to Play MKV Files with QuickTime Player on Mac
- How to Install and Run QuickTime 7 Pro on Mac OS X El Capitan?
- How to Convert Sony 4K XAVC S to MOV for QuickTime player on Mac El Capitan?
- Does QuickTime Play Blu-ray/DVD/ISO, MKV/MP4/AVI/FLV/WMV?
- 7 Essential Add-ons that you must download for Kodi Media Player
- Stream Supported and Unsupported Video from Kodi/XBMC to Chromecast
- How to Play 3D Blu-ray ISO Files on Kodi with 3D Effect?