Blu-ray to FCP X Question:
“ I have 2 hours Blu-ray disc movie, now I want to use it in my final project. The question is how do I import the Blu-ray to FCP X on Mac and work as video project? Please help me, many thanks!”
Final Cut Pro X is widely used by video professionals and hobbyists. If we can convert Blu-ray to a video format on computer, then we can use Blu-ray movie easier, no matter for playback or editing in Final Cut Pro X/7/6. So, How to edit Blu-ray with FCP X? How to rip Blu-ray to HD video formats and then transfer video files to FCP X for editing smoothly on Mac OS X El Capitan? Read this article you will get an easy way to rip Blu-ray on Mac to use in Final Cut Pro X/7/6, you can also rip Blu-ray to any formats you need with this excellent tool we offered.
Blu-ray video does not natively work within FCP X. To fix this issue, Blu-ray video fiels must be ripped off the disc and then converted. This process works to rip Blu-ray video for use in Final Cut Pro X. To rip Blu-ray to FCP X, you will need a Blu-ray ripping software. The best program for converting Blu-ray to FCP is Pavtube BDMagic for Mac (Now 30% off discount). With it, we can effortlessly rip Blu-ray to Apple ProRes MOV format for further editing within Final Cut Pro 6/7 and FCP X on Mac (El Capitan and Yosemite included) without quality loss. Now download this program and follow this guide below to complete your task. Read the review.
Hot Search: 4K Video with FCP X|Edit H.264 with FCP X|Transcode MTS for FCP X Editing|Edit 4K XAVC S with FCP
Customer Review: “This is one of the best Blu-ray ripper I have ever used! It works flawlessly! This simple to use and affordable program is a great Blu-ray ripping software, but what was important for me was that I was able to use Blu-ray files with Final Cut Pro 7 and Premiere Pro CC on Mac OS X El Capitan.”
Free Download top Mac Blu-ray to FCP X Converter:
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/blu-ray-ripper-mac/
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-BDMagic/3000-7970_4-76177782.html
Note: For people who want to edit Blu-ray in FCP keeping the multiple audio/video track separately as original,Pavtube ByteCopy for Mac (Now 30% off discount) is a powerful tool to transcode Blu-ray to multi-track Apple Prores codec. Suppose you are good at both English and Francia, and want to preserve both of them from original Blu-ray discs when converting, this app will be your best choice. (Here is a detailed guide for you).
How to Convert Blu-ray movies to ProRes 422 for Final Cut Pro X?
Step 1. Load Blu-ray movie.
Download the best Blu-ray FCP X Converter for Mac, install and run the Mac app. Insert Blu-ray to disc drive, click the “Load disc” button to import source Blu-ray.
Note: Pick one audio track and subtitles in the drop-down list of Audio and Subtitles. You are free to preview Blu-ray movie in the right preview window to check if you get the correct audio track and subtitles.
Step 2. Select output format.
Choose the suitable output format from the “Format” menu, and here choose “Final Cut Pro > Apple ProRes 422(*.mov)” as output format for FCP X.
Tip: You can click settings button on the main interface of the Blu-ray Ripper to customize the output parameters, set the resolution or bitrate as you want, you can also keep them as default.
Step 3. Start ripping Blu-ray movies to ProRes 422 for FCP X.
Double check all press and hit the “Convert” button to start ripping Blu-ray movies to Final Cut Pro X compatible Apple ProRes format on Max OS X El Capitan. Once the conversion finishes, import the ripped video files to FCP and edit them to get your own video clip with ease.
1)If you are a FCP X user, before you try to do the conversion, don't forget to make sure that you have installed theApple ProRes Codec manually since the FCP X asks users to install it by themselves.
2)If you want to edit Blu-ray videos in iMovie or Final Cut Express (FCE), you just need to choose the "iMovie and Final Cut Express -> Apple InterMediate Codec (AIC) (*.mov)" in the second step.
3) If you want to convert both videos files like MTS, AVI, WMV, MKV, FLV, VOB, MXF, etc. and DVD/Blu-ray to Final Cut Pro supported ProRes codec, just turn to iMedia Converter for Mac, which can convert various video formats and DVD/Blu-ray to ProRes codecs on Mac. Then you can transfer the videos to your Android Tablet/Phone or share on Youtube, Vimeo or Facebook.
Part Two: If you can’t burn a Blu-ray disc in Final Cut Pro X, Motion, or Compressor
Learn what to do if you see an alert and your hard disk has sufficient space.
When burning a Blu-ray disc in Final Cut Pro X, Motion, or Compressor, you might see one of these alerts:
- “There was an error burning your disc. Please check to see if your boot volume has sufficient space.”
- “Finishing: Could not create the DVD. Please check to see if your boot volume has sufficient space.”
You may also notice that the disc burning process slows between 57% and 64% and may take
several hours to complete.
If you encounter any of these issues, first verify that your hard disk has enough available space to burn a Blu-ray disc. Then try using a different type of Blu-ray disc blank media to resolve the issue. For best results, use a BD-R disc or an unused BD-RE disc. If you need to use a BD-RE disc that contains data, use Disk Utility to perform a Complete erase. (Do not use Quick erase.) Source: here.
Besides FCP X, This versatile Blu-ray to FCP X Converter can also rip Blu-ray to H.264 MP4, Premiere Pro, Avid MC,iMovie, Sony vegas Pro, Premiere Elements, etc video editing programs. If you want to play Blu-ray movies on smartphone, tablet, Smart TV or other media player. Just trying our Blu-ray to Final Cut Pro Converter. This software can help you rip and convert Blu-ray to any video/audio format to fit your needs.
- How to Import and Edit AVI Files with FCP X on Mac El Capitan/Sierra?
- Import MP4 Files to FCP X for Best Editing Workflow
- Best Workflow of Canon 5D Mark IV 4K MOV with FCP X
- Best Editing Workflow of Typhoon H 4K with FCP X on macOS Sierra
- Import DJI Inspire 1/1 Pro 4K to FCP 7 Editing on macOS Sierra
- How to Edit Sony FDR-AX35 4K XAVC S with FCP X on Mac OS X El Capitan?
- Transcode Sony XDCAM EX MP4 to Prores for FCP X Editing on Mac El Capitan
- How to Transcode 4K XAVC S to 4K Prores for FCP X on Mac El Capitan?
- Edit Sony PXW-X400 XAVC L with FCP X on Mac OS X El Capitan
- Transcode and Edit Sony Alpha 68 XAVC S with FCP X on Mac El Capitan
- Import 4K Footage to Final Cut Pro X/7/6