SUMMARY:This guide will show you three parts about why you need to copy DVD Movies and how a DVD Decrypter works and
best DVD Decrypter software we can recommend for you.
Some things are priceless: Photos of a smiling college graduate or a homemade video of a tiny kitten, an enormous dog and a parrot with an attitude that collects a million hits on YouTube. Some things stored as digital data that would never go viral may actually be much more valuable than many people realize. Digital copies of important documents such as financial records and family milestones are not typically considered premium content in the same way that blockbuster movies are. Yet, if those digital family heirlooms are damaged in a fire or flood, the loss may be irreplaceable. A DVD has a life span between 20 and 100 years, and that s one good reason to store copies of your important records on DVDs.
Top 5 Reasons to Copy DVDs?
If you copy DVDs using one of the many DVD copy software applications, storing archived backups of that precious content is a good idea. Once duplicated, you can place the discs in a safety deposit box. Although this may not be the most popular reason to use DVD copying software, it is a compelling one. DVDs can outlast their owners, but the physical material will still deteriorate over a period of many years, even if it's stowed safely away. When you do copy DVDs to backup your content, dry and cool storage conditions will lessen the likelihood of deterioration.
Learn >>Lists of Best DVD Copying and DVD Converting Software.
Another enduringly popular reason to copy DVDs is to back up the treasured movies you own in case the neighbor s dog mistakes the original DVD for a Frisbee when you prepare to insert it into a laptop to view it on the backyard patio. Still another reason to copy DVDs is the wonderful portability DVDs offer. Copying a movie onto a DVD allows you the freedom to view it on your laptop, at a friend s house or anywhere else you can use a DVD player. If you are a frequent traveler, winding down in a hotel room after a business meeting is the perfect time to watch a much-loved movie classic for the umpteenth time on a portable DVD player.
A fourth reason to copy DVDs is that it allows you to extract content such as screenshots to use in your creative projects. The Fair Use provision in copyright laws allows limited use of others' work created for the purpose of commentary. This brings up an important point: the issue of copyright infringement. Taking a snippet of video and combining that with other artistic expression and original content within a newly produced video is part of the richness of a community s artistic expression. Movie-studio executives, however, sometimes view Fair Use differently.
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act passed in 1996 may have brought the U.S. into compliance with international treaties, but it also created an ongoing controversy regarding DVD copy software. The law brought the right of property holders to protect their private property into conflict with the right to exercise free expression in public commentary. So, a fifth compelling reason to copy DVDs is to exercise that right because we can lose rights we do not exercise.
When many people copy DVDs that contain premium content, it leads to an escalation between encryption techniques and CSS decryption solutions that unlock encrypted premium content. The issue continues to impact the industry and will likely be the subject of public debate for some time to come.
One reason for the ongoing controversy surrounding DVD encryption is that the owners of the rights to premium content and DVD ripper software manufacturers continue to engage in a DVD encryption arms race. Content owners devise new encryption techniques and software programmers respond by devising new decryption solutions. These solutions will continue to emerge in response to better encryption techniques as more people continue to copy DVDs.
Part 2: How a DVD Decrypter Works
A DVD decrypter is software that circumvents the disc s Content Scrambling System (CSS) code. It does this by creating a mirror image of a DVD s data. The data is then stored as a large, single ISO image file. DVD burning software compresses this huge file into a usable format. Consumers can load the copied material onto whatever platform or device their DVD ripping software is capable of supporting. For instance, you can create a 1:1 (a mirror of the original) conversion of a DVD or a file made for digital data devices. Depending on the software you use, the process can be anywhere from somewhat easy to monumentally complex.
DVD Shrink is a freeware application that is sometimes incorporated into a decryption software package. Reportedly, any version of this program beyond 18.104.22.168 is likely a scam version. Among other things, the software allows you to copy a dual-layer DVD onto a single-layer disc. It does this by compressing ripped data and allowing you to delete unwanted content, such as foreign language versions and trailers.
Part 3: The World No.1 DVD Decrypter Recommended for DVD Copy
There are far too many DVD ripper programs out there, and every vendor praises their own product. If you decide to turn your physical DVD movies to digital form but don’t know which ripper is better to take, as a veteran in DVD digitization, here, Pavtube BDMagic/Pavtube BDMagic for Mac is highly recommend as the great DVD ripping tools I ever used. It can circumvent copy protection mechanisms, such as the encryption used on most commercial DVDs and shift format. Learn the key features of the best DVD copy and ripping software. Read the review.
- Break various DVD encryption including Region, RCE, CSS, CPRM, UOP, AACS, etc.
- 1:1 backup DVD in original video structure and video quality.
- Directly copy DVD main title to VOB file.
- Convert DVD disc, DVD ISO/IFO, DVD Folder to h.265, m3u8, mp4, mov, m4v, avi, mkv, flv, etc.
- This Blu-ray Ripper could rip Blu-rays and DVDs to popular audio and video formats for you to enjoy the movie on PC and wide screen TV. Support output to PS4, Apple TV, WD TV player, Xbox, iPad Pro, iPhone, iPod, Galaxy Tab, Nexus, etc.
- Trim and crop DVD videos so that you can upload the clips to YouTube, Vimeo and other sharing sites.
- Split a whole DVD video to several segments and merge selected movie titles into one file.
- Select desired subtitles stream and audio track or copy and rip DVD with forced subtitle.
- Add text watermark to selected DVD video clip. You can either set parameters or drag the text on preview screen to set its location.
- The additional Full Disk Copy facility enables you to backup the whole contents from Blu-ray disc and DVD with original HD quality and directly copy format allows saving 100% intact M2TS/VOB main movie from Blu-ray/DVD Disc.
- The app supports CUDA acceleration in the availability of NVIDIA CUDA graphics card and adopts a redesigned GUI (Graphical User Interface), which is more user-friendly and in-style.
- More than 200 formats listed to ensure you can get the desired video and audio types, like m3u8, Prores, H.265 MKV, AVI, MP4, WMV, FLV, MPEG, MOV, RMVB, FLAC, AAC, AC3, AIFF, AMR, M4A, etc.
- Rip latest 2D/3D Blu-ray and DVD to 3D videos with ultrafast speed for true theater entertainment at home.
- You can adjust profile parameters, rename and save it for easy access to next conversion.
- Support latest Blu-ray/DVD discs and Supported Decrypt Blu-ray MKB61.
- Add SRT/ASS/SSA subtitles to your original DVD videos
- Adjust video/audio resolution, bitrate, frame rate, sample rate, codec, channel before copy and rip DVD.
Free Download this Top DVD Copier and Ripper:
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/blu-ray-ripper/
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-BDMagic/3000-7970_4-75922877.html
Besides, if you want to lossless backup your Blu-ray/DVD video files with all multiple audio and subtitle tracks, try Pavtube ByteCopy. (Learn Reason to choose it).
Caution: reselling or distributing the DVD Ripping movies on the internet or other platforms will be regarded as infringement act! Don’t do that, and just use them on your personal devices.