Summary: HandBrake 1.0.0, a new version of the popular open source cross-platform video converter, was released on December 24, 2016.
After more than 13 years of development, the HandBrake Team is delighted to present HandBrake 1.0.0. Basically, what Handbrake allows you to do is convert any input video file or DVD/Blu-Ray video source that is not copy protected, to the file container formats mp4 or mkv. The video conversion program is easy to use on the one hand, but offers advanced options for users who want more control over the conversion process.
So what is new in HandBrake 1.0.0? A lot. The presets that the program ships with have been updated big time. You get new device presets for devices released in recent time, new general use presets for best compatibility, new presets for web publication or sending, and new Matroska presets that include support for VP9 video with Opus audio.
You can find details on what's new in HandBrake 1.0.0 below. Hit the link to download the latest version for free.
What New in HandBrake 1.0.0?
HandBrake 1.0.0 comes with new web and MKV presets. The official presets from HandBrake 0.10.x can be found under ‘Legacy.’ New Jason-based preset system, including command line support, has been added.
The additional features of HandBrake are title/chapter selection, queuing up multiple encodes, chapter markers, subtitles, different video filters, and video preview.
Just in case you have a compatible Skylake or later CPU, Intel QuickSync Video H.265/HEVC encoder support brings performance improvements.
HandBrake 1.0.0 also brings along new online documentation beta. It’s written in a simple and easy-to-understand language.
Find the complete changelog here.
HandBrake 1.0.0 is an excellent video converter that is powerful and easy to use at the same time. The new version improves the program significantly for all supported operating systems.
While it is still not the one-video-converter to rule them all, as it lacks options to merge or split video files for instance, it is excellent when it comes to converting different video sources to mp4 or mkv.
Handbrake 1.0.0 also has some drawbacks to make people to elsewhere for a more polished tool.
1. It is lacking in the human interface niceties that most of us have come to expect in easy-to-use software. It does the job it claims to do but it is not very pleasant to use.
2. Can't convert protected Blu-ray/DVD/Video
3. No NVENC and AMDAPP support
4. It doesn't allow remuxing/ stream copy features (which with modern HW players it's an useful feature as they have the capability to play optimized video for many codecs and resolutions, but probably fail on variety of containers support, or just the audio needs to be transcoded so no need to touch the video)
Handbrake 1.0.0 Alternative: Convert Protected Blu-ray/DVD, AMDAPP, NVIDIA CUDA, Easy-to-Use
The best Handbrake 1.0.0 alternative is Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate. First of all, you need to know, as the closed-source, it covers all the functions of Handbrake. After all, it is a paid one Video Converter + DVD Ripper + Blu-ray Ripper + Audio Converter. To some degree, although it is a commercial video encoding tool, it deserves the price. It can convert video to another format, copy DVD and backup Blu-ray. You can get H.265, M3U8, MP4, MKV, M4V, AVI, etc video and MP3, FLAC, AAC, etc audio with this integrated powerful software.
In addition, recently, Pavtube Studio has upgraded Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate to version 126.96.36.199 with supporting the most advanced hardware acceleration NVIDIA CUDA & AMD APP by H.264/H.265 codec, which can give users 30x video transcoding speed than before.
- Decrypt protected commercial Blu-ray and DVD
- Fully copy and directly copy Blu-ray and DVD
- Convert Blu-ray/DVD/Video to MKV, MP4, MOV, AVI, WMV, 3GP, etc.
- Create 3D SBS video from Blu-ray/DVD/Video
- Extract audio from Blu-ray/DVD/Video and convert audio to audio.
- Support newest NVIDIA CUDA & AMD APP technology to accelerate video encoding by both H.264 and H.265/HEVC codec.
- Intuitive interface. Easy-to-use
- Remux video/Blu-ray/DVD
- Edit Blu-ray/DVD/Blu-ray: trim/crop/split/merge/rotate/deinterlacing/adding subtitle/remove audio
Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate v188.8.131.52 Keywords
Pavtube 4K Video Converter | H.265 HEVC Encoder | H.265 Decoder | 3D Movie Converter | 3D Blu-ray Copy | Blu-ray to H.265 | Best Video Converter for Windows 10 | Windows 8.1 Video Converter | DVD to H.265 | Compress 4K to 1080p | 4K Compressor | DVD to MKV | Blu-ray to MKV
Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate Information
Official Site: http://pavtube.cn/blu-ray-video-converter-ultimate/
Key Features: Read review
OS: Windows XP/2003/Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8/windows 10
|Note: If you buy Pavtube Video Converter Ultimtate now, you can get it at a 20% discount cause Pavtube Studio is holding on Year-End & Christmas Sale. Learn the details here .|
The purchase button of this 20% OFF Pavtube product is here:
- Video/Audio Formats Handbrake Deals With
- Free use HandBrake to Rip DVD to iPhone/iPad
- Handbrake DVD Rip Tutorial on Mac
- Handbrake Reviews and Top 4 Alternatives to Handbrake
- Handbrake vs Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate : Which One Is Right for You?