Summary: This page shows you how to compress Blu-ray and DVD to fit a 700MB CD easily and the best Handbrake 1.0.0 alternatives to rip protected Blu-ray and DVD.
HandBrake 1.0.0 is a multiplatform, multithreaded video transcoder. It supports to convert any DVD-like source: VIDEO_TS folder, DVD image or real DVD, and some .VOB and .TS files, Blu-ray source, Most any multimedia file it can get libavformat to read and libavcodec to decode. So, if you have the need of compressing a Blu-ray and DVD to fit perfectly onto a 700MB CD, you can try Handbrake 1.0.0.
HandBrake is a tool for converting video from nearly any format to a selection of modern, widely supported codecs. It is a DVD/Blu-ray compression tool that is easy to use, basically it has all the function other DVD compression software provide, but what makes HandBrake 1.0.0 stands out is the ability to output the video to the desire size – 700MB, fits perfectly in a CD for backup.
- Convert DVD to DivX or other AVI formats
- Convert DVD to WMV
- Convert DVD to mp4 (iPod and PSP formats)
- Convert DVD to VCD or SVCD
- Copy DVD movie to hard drive without any loss of quality
- Remove all the restrictions of DVD (CSS, Region, RCE, Sony ARccOS, PuppetLock)
- Copy main movie only or split DVD-9 into 2 DVD-5
- Compress DVD to fit on a 4.7 GB disc
- Very easy to use, just by one click
- High ripping speed and wonderful output quality
Outputs File Formats:
- File Containers: .MP4(.M4V) and .MKV
- Video Encoders: H.264(x264), MPEG-4 and MPEG-2 (libav), and Theora(libtheora)
- Audio Encoders: AAC, CoreAudio AAC/HE-AAC (OS X Only), MP3, Flac, AC3, or Vorbis
- Audio Pass-thru: AC-3, DTS, DTS-HD, AAC and MP3 tracks
Reasons you’ll love HandBrake 1.0.0:
- Convert video from nearly any format
- Free and Open Source
- Multi-Platform (Windows, Mac and Linux)
Handbrake 1.0.0 Similar Tools
Why you need alternatives to Handbrake 1.0.0? Because Handbrake is lacking in the human interface niceties that most of us have come to expect in easy-to-use software. It does the job it claims to do but it is not very pleasant to use. It doesn't allow remuxing/ stream copy features (which with modern HW players it's an useful feature as they have the capability to play optimized video for many codecs and resolutions, but probably fail on variety of containers support, or just the audio needs to be transcoded so no need to touch the video). It doesn't has AMDAPP support and can't rip/copy commercial protected Blu-ray and DVD.
Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate - It can alter Handbrake 1.0.0 to convert video files from one format to another. It supports Ultra HD and 4K videos, with more frame rate options and FLAC, TrueHD and E-AC-3 audios. Recently, it has updated to version 22.214.171.124 with supporting the most advanced hardware acceleration NVIDIA CUDA & AMD APP by H.264/H.265 codec, which can give users 30x video transcoding speed than before. Not like Handbrake, it can only convert audio to audio and convert video to audio. If needed, it even can convert 2D to 3D SBS video for your PS VR, Oculus Rift CV1, Gear VR, Google Daydream VR, HTC Vive, etc. It's Mac version Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac can replace Handbrake 1.0.0 on macOS Sierra to allow you transcode media files. Read >> Handbrake 1.0.0 vs. Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate 126.96.36.199
Pavtube ByteCopy - Handbrake not only can convert video files but can convert Blu-ray/DVD to MKV/MP4. But Handbrake only can transcode unprotected Blu-ray and DVD discs. If your Blu-ray and DVD discs are commercial ones, they often have encryption like AACS, BD+, MKB v61, MKB v62, region code, CSS, Sony ARccOS, UOPs, APS, RCE, etc. Pavtube ByteCopy can help you remove these protection and convert Blu-ray/DVD to MKV/MP4 like Handbrake 1.0.0 does even rip Blu-ray/DVD to lossless/uncompressed MKV container with all chapter markers like MakeMKV does. Besides, it can convert Blu-ray/DVD to MP4 wrapper with multiple subtitle and audio tracks. Apart from MKV/MP4, it also export AVI, WMV, MOV, FLV, TS, MPEG, H.265, M3U8, etc video formats and FLAC, MKA, WMA, AAC, MP3, etc audio files. Entire disc copy and directly main title copy of Blu-ray and DVD are also supported. Pavtube ByteCopy for Mac is fully compatible with macOS Sierra, El Capitan, etc.
- How to Stop Handbrake 1.0.0 Cropping Videos?
- Installing Handbrake 1.0.0 libdvd.css.pkg on macOS Sierra
- Rip DVDs to Hard Drive with Handbrake 1.0.0
- Handbrake 1.0.0 Alternative for Windows 10
- Handbrake 1.0.0 Isn't the Best - Learn Video Converter Ultimate