What is DAT file?
A file with the DAT file extension is usually a generic data file that stores information specific to the application it refers to. Sometimes you'll find them by themselves but often they're with other configuration files like DLL files. Sometimes, you may receive a video file in the DAT format but fail to open with the media player or video editing software on your computer. The following article will recommend you a good DAT Video Converter to batch convert DAT video to any of your desired file formats.
Convert DAT to MP4, WMV, MOV, MKV, AVI
If you are looking for a powerful yet simple to use DAT Video Converter, we highly recommend Pavtube Video Converter to you. With the program, you can do the following great work:
- Batch load multiple DAT video files at one time for conversion
- Convert DAT file to various digital file formats such as MP4, WMV, MOV, MKV, AVI, FLV, ASF, 3GP, 3GPP, 3GPP2, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, H.264, H.265, etc with the resolution of 4K/2K/HD/SD.
- Output DAT files to hot devices such as iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Android phone/tablets, Windows Phone/tablets, game consoles, TVs, etc preset profile formats with the optimal playback settings.
- Generate video editing software best favorable editing codec or formats for Premiere Pro/Elements, Davinci Resolve, Avid Media Composer, After Effects, Sony Vegas/Movie Studio Platinum
- Output DAT to SBS/TAB/Anaglyph 3D mode with the formats of AVI/WMV/MP4/MKV/MOV
- Flexibly tweak output video codec, bit rate, frame rate, resolution and audio codec, bit rate, sample rate, channels, etc.
- Trim/Crop/Merge/Split/Deinterlace/Watermark/Apply special effect/Add watermark/Insert subtitle to DAT video
Pavtube Video Converter is available on both Windows 10/8/8.1/8/7. It is accompanied by an up-to-date Mac version - Pavtube Video Converter for Mac for the new Mac OS. The program is very easy to use, no matter experienced user or fresh could handle it very well. The results produced by the program are pretty high quality, you can't tell the difference between the converted video and the original DAT video.
Step by Step to Convert DAT to MP4, WMV, MOV, MKV, AVI
Step 1: Load DAT files.
Download the free trial version of the program. Launch it on your computer. Click "File" menu and select "Add Video/Audio" or click the "Add Video" button on the top tool bar to import source video files into the program.
Tips: If you want to batch load multiple files, make sure to store all your files in the same folder, then click "File" > "Add from folder" or press the "Add from Folder" button on the top tool bar to batch importing them into the program.
Step 2: Define the output format.
Clicking the Format bar, from its drop-down list, choose one of your desired format to output. Here, we choose to output DAT to a more device compatible file format "H.264 HD Video(*.mp4)" under "HD Video" main category. You can also choose other formats or devices and editing program preset profile formats.
Tips: Click "Settings" on the main interface to open "Profile Settings" window, here, you can flexibly choose or specify exactly the profile parameters including video codec, resolution, bit rate, frame rate, audio codec, bit rate, sample rate, channels, etc as you like to get better output video and audio quality.
Step 3: Edit DAT video.
By default the Edit icon is grayed out. To activate the Edit menu, you have to select an item first. When a video or movie is selected, click the pencil like Edit icon on the left top tool bar to open the video editor window, here, you can play and preview the original video and output effects. Also you can flip or rotate video, trim, crop, add watermark, apply special effect, edit audio or insert external.
Step 4: Begin the conversion process.
After all setting is completed, hit the "Convert" button at the right bottom of the main interface to begin the conversion process from DAT to MP4, WMV, MOV, MKV, AVI,etc.
When the conversion is finished, click "Open Output Folder" icon on the main interface to open the folder with generated files. You can then freely play the converted DAT files on computer with media players or edit with video editing software.