VLC comes as a free and powerful video player equipped with many cool features like cut, merge, add effect, add watermark, etc. Which makes it more than a video player, and gives prople a lot of fun. For people who want to take full usge of this media player, you have come the right place. This article will introduce you four cool features of VLC media player and you will know how to edit video with VLC media player.
Part 1. How to Rotate Video with VLC
VLC comes with a very useful feature that is rotation of videos. You can easily rotate videos while playing them. If your video is recorded via mobile or camcorder, there're chances that it is recoded in the portrait. If you need it in the landscape view then you must rotate to make it watchable.
1. Open your video file by going to Media > Open File… and browsing for your file. Or, by just dragging and dropping your video onto the VLC player.
2. Choose "Tools" from the Menu bar and select "Effects and Filters'.
3. Click the "Video Effects" tab, then click the "Geometry" tab. Place a checkmark in the "Transform" checkbox and choose your degrees of rotation.
You can also check the “Rotate” option, then the 360 degree slider would become clickable. For example, to rotate a video by 90 degrees Right: move the rotator to the Right at 90 degrees angle. Just move it as you need.
Part 2. How to Cut video with VLC
VLC media player software also helps to cut any video at any point you want from the begining to the end. Record a long video and intend to upload it onto your personal blog website, or other sharing website, like Youtube, Instagram, however, some of them have video length limition, so you can use VLC to cut you wanted part of the video. Just follow the steps below.
1. Launch VLC media player and activate "Advanced controls" located under the "View" menu.
2.As soon as you activate the advanced controls you will see four extra buttons above the normal play/pause button. We will use the first button from the left called the record button. Once you have these controls activated add your video. You can use Open File located under the Media menu, but as you know I always prefer drag and drop method.
3. Basically we will not be cutting the video here; we will rather play the video and record the segment using the built-in VLC decoder. So seek to the position you want to start your recording and press both play and record button simultaneously.
Tip: You can use the Frame by frame button (the last button from the left in advance control) to navigate to the exact frame you want to start recording.
4. Again press the Record button when you want to stop the recording. The clip will be automatically saved as an MP4 media file type in your Libraries/Videos folder in Windows 7. I am not sure about Windows XP but you can search for it in either My Documents or My Videos. Similar for the other operating systems.
Part 3. How to Merge Video Using VLC
Moreover, VLC also allows you to merge several clips into one. But note that only videos in same video format can be merged together in VLC.
1. Launch VLC Media Player on your computer and click "Media" on the menu bar. Select "Open Multiple Files" from the drop-down list.
2. In the "Open Media" window, click on "Add" button load the local videos you want to merge.
3. Click on "Play" button and select "Convert" option from the drop-down menu. Then you can choose the destination file folder for the merged video and start the video merging on VLC.
Part 4: How to Add Subtitles to Video on VLC
You may like playing movies and videos with subtitles. This part will help you insert subtitles to videos on VLC media player.
Method 1: Using Menu Settings (New Version of VLC)
1. Open your video with the latest version of the VLC player. Right click on the video > Open with > Select VLC Media Player.
2. Select "Subtitle" from the top menu and select "Add Subtitle File".
3. Select your subtitle file. Browse your subtitle file (.srt) of that particular video and click on the "Open" button.
4. Enjoy your video with subtitles.
Method 2: Using Menu Settings (Old Version of VLC)
1. Play your movie/video on VLC media player.
2. Click the video button on the menu bar.
3. Select the "Subtitles Track" option and select the "Open File" button. (a dialog box appears.)
4. Select the subtitle file of that particular movie/video.
5. Click the "Open" button.
6. Watch your movie/video with subtitles. Enjoy!
Part 5. All-in-one Solutions to Edit Videos with Pavtube Video Converter
Although VLC can handle many vdieo editing problems, it is not professional enough, right? You would suffer if you can't read all those steps one by one. Here we highly recommend you Pavtube Video Converter for Windows/ Mac, which comes as an easy-to-use video editor. You can import any video you want without worring about the video formats incompatibility to this program and output any kind of video you desired. Here you can tweak video/audio parameters as you like, including video frame rate, video resolution, video bitrate, audio channels, audio sample rate, etc to make video more suitable for the target devices. We have listed main vdieo editing functions below for you to make reference.
- Rotate video clockwise or counterclockwise
- Trim or cut video to remove unwanted parts or segments
- Crop video to cut off unwanted black borders or area
- Personalize video with video/image/transparent text watermark
- Split large video into small parts by file size, count or length
- Merge separate video clips into one
- Adjust picture effect like brightness, contrast, saturation, etc.
- Add subtitles to videos for fun.
Quick Guide: Convert or Edit the video at will
Step 1. Run the program on your computer and click "File" > "Add Video/Audio" or "Add from folder" to add video files into the program.
Step 2. Choose output video format by clicking Format, you also can choose SD video, HD video, 4K video, 3D video, also you can choose the portable devices you want to play video on, best of all, you even can choose the NLE software you want to edit video, like: Sony Vegas, iMovie, FCP, etc.
Step 3. You can edit the video by above introduction, click "Edit" icon and enter the video editing profile window, change the video effect by adding watermark, adding subtitles to video, or you can trim, crop, split, rotate, merge the videos by your own need.
Step 5. After all setting is completed, click right-bottom "Convert" button to begin the video conversion and editing process.
In this article, we mainly talk about Edit video with VLC. We show you how to trim/merge/rotate/add subtitle to video in VLC. What's more, we introduce you with a powerful video editor to help you edit your video. Thank for your time, hope this post is useful for you.
Any Product-related firstname.lastname@example.org